After breezing a brilliant five furlongs July 25 at Gulfstream Park in :58.80, undefeated 3-year-old filly Little Alexis is headed to the $500,000 Test Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga Race Course.
Riding in only his second race, apprentice jockey Michael Ritvo notched his first victory by guiding Little Daniella to a front-running tally in the second race at Gulfstream Park March 23, a $25,000 maiden claiming event.
John Patrick Unick, who has advised several Thoroughbred racetracks and horseman's groups in arranging workers' compensation insurance policies, is helping southeast Florida horsemen prepare a similar program for Gulfstream.
Little Mike is likely to start in the United Nations Stakes (gr. IT) July 6, the first of a four-race series picked by breeder and co-owner Carlo Vacarezza that would end with a defense of his 2012 Breeders' Cup Turf title.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Demonstrative Narrow Victor in Lonesome Glory
- Penn National CEO Wilmott Appointed to Board
- Horseman Tom Harbut Dies at Age 94
- Inside Yearling Sales Prep: At The Sales
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion
- Ricardo Beats Baze in Champions Challenge
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Brockton Fair Invites Suffolk Downs Horsemen