Colt won a 4 1/2-furlong maiden special weight at Gulfstream Park by a nose May 27.
After breezing a brilliant five furlongs July 25 at Gulfstream Park in :58.80, undefeated 3-year-old filly Little Alexis is headed to the $500,000 Test Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga Race Course.
Riding in only his second race, apprentice jockey Michael Ritvo notched his first victory by guiding Little Daniella to a front-running tally in the second race at Gulfstream Park March 23, a $25,000 maiden claiming event.
John Patrick Unick, who has advised several Thoroughbred racetracks and horseman's groups in arranging workers' compensation insurance policies, is helping southeast Florida horsemen prepare a similar program for Gulfstream.
Little Mike is likely to start in the United Nations Stakes (gr. IT) July 6, the first of a four-race series picked by breeder and co-owner Carlo Vacarezza that would end with a defense of his 2012 Breeders' Cup Turf title.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Paradise Woods Records Final Work for Kentucky Oaks
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Pletcher Considering Royal Ascot for American Patriot
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- A Few Early Thoughts on the Kentucky Derby Pace
- Santa Anita Officials Confident Future Cards Will Fill