Colt won a 4 1/2-furlong maiden special weight at Gulfstream Park by a nose May 27.
After breezing a brilliant five furlongs July 25 at Gulfstream Park in :58.80, undefeated 3-year-old filly Little Alexis is headed to the $500,000 Test Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga Race Course.
Riding in only his second race, apprentice jockey Michael Ritvo notched his first victory by guiding Little Daniella to a front-running tally in the second race at Gulfstream Park March 23, a $25,000 maiden claiming event.
John Patrick Unick, who has advised several Thoroughbred racetracks and horseman's groups in arranging workers' compensation insurance policies, is helping southeast Florida horsemen prepare a similar program for Gulfstream.
Little Mike is likely to start in the United Nations Stakes (gr. IT) July 6, the first of a four-race series picked by breeder and co-owner Carlo Vacarezza that would end with a defense of his 2012 Breeders' Cup Turf title.
Most Popular Stories
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- New York Lawmakers Question Cuomo's NYRA Plans
- Bahamian Squall's First Foal is a Colt
- Recalling World's Most Lucrative Races
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- Lane to Join The National Stud as New Stud Manager
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow