Perretti Racing Stable's highly regarded Forty Tales heads a group of thirteen sophomores who stay sprinting -- at least for now -- in the $150,000 Swale Stakes (gr. II) at Gulfstream Park on March 2.
Merit Man is just a nose short of perfection in four starts for trainer Bob Hess Jr., but the 3-year-old son of With Distinction will have to travel a furlong farther than he has before in the $150,000 Hutcheson Stakes.
Merit Man proved his mettle in the $100,000 Spectacular Bid Stakes Jan. 1, coming back off a runner-up finish to Hightail in the Nov. 2 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Sprint to prove his class at Gulfstream Park.
Purchased privately following an impressive victory in his career debut, Little Distorted is scheduled to make his first start for Silverton Hill and trainer Darrin Miller in the Jan. 1 Spectacular Bid at Gulfstream Park.
Most Popular Stories
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- New York Discusses Rules on Race-Day Lasix
- Fager to Deliver Thoroughbred Owner Conference Keynote
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- Conrad Bandoroff Joins Denali Stud
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- F-T Saratoga Offering 12 From Scat Daddy's Last Crop