Perretti Racing Stable's highly regarded Forty Tales heads a group of thirteen sophomores who stay sprinting -- at least for now -- in the $150,000 Swale Stakes (gr. II) at Gulfstream Park on March 2.
Merit Man is just a nose short of perfection in four starts for trainer Bob Hess Jr., but the 3-year-old son of With Distinction will have to travel a furlong farther than he has before in the $150,000 Hutcheson Stakes.
Merit Man proved his mettle in the $100,000 Spectacular Bid Stakes Jan. 1, coming back off a runner-up finish to Hightail in the Nov. 2 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Sprint to prove his class at Gulfstream Park.
Purchased privately following an impressive victory in his career debut, Little Distorted is scheduled to make his first start for Silverton Hill and trainer Darrin Miller in the Jan. 1 Spectacular Bid at Gulfstream Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension
- Trainer Harvey Vanier Dies at Age 89
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Immortal Verse Sells for European Record
- Horizontal Navigation: Racing Tab
- Longeing Surface's Effects on Sound, Lame Horses
- Steep Wagering Decline at Churchill Fall Meet
- Cornell to Operate Ruffian Equine Specialists Hospital
- No Legislative Action on Illinois ADW Bill
- What's Going On Here: Dam Builders