Perretti Racing Stable's highly regarded Forty Tales heads a group of thirteen sophomores who stay sprinting -- at least for now -- in the $150,000 Swale Stakes (gr. II) at Gulfstream Park on March 2.
Merit Man is just a nose short of perfection in four starts for trainer Bob Hess Jr., but the 3-year-old son of With Distinction will have to travel a furlong farther than he has before in the $150,000 Hutcheson Stakes.
Merit Man proved his mettle in the $100,000 Spectacular Bid Stakes Jan. 1, coming back off a runner-up finish to Hightail in the Nov. 2 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Sprint to prove his class at Gulfstream Park.
Purchased privately following an impressive victory in his career debut, Little Distorted is scheduled to make his first start for Silverton Hill and trainer Darrin Miller in the Jan. 1 Spectacular Bid at Gulfstream Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Recruiting Ready Signs on for Bashford Manor
- Limousine Liberal Seeks Graded Score in Smile
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm