No one will be forgetting Memories of Silver any time soon, because her daughter, Winter Memories, won some the same races at Saratoga as her dam.
- By Steve Haskin
Steve recalls Boo Gentry, Graustark, and Darby Dan in the late '60s and early '70s. read blog
A headstone ceremony honoring deceased champion Little Current will be held April 28 starting at 1 p.m. at Doug Arnold's Buck Pond Farm near Versailles, Ky.
By Steve Haskin -- To anyone, the name Little Current evokes tranquil images of a gently flowing river or stream. To me, it evokes a different kind of tranquility; one of lazy spring afternoons and newborn foals and carefree yearlings dashing up and down rolling hills with joyous abandon. It also evokes images of a very special Triple Crown.
Little Current, who won the 1974 Preakness (gr. I) and Belmont (gr. I) Stakes the year he was champion 3-year-old male, was euthanized Jan. 16
Most Popular Stories
- Researchers Developing Equine Sweet Itch Test
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Grade I Winner Mission Approved Retired
- Legacy Bloodstock Relaunched by Easthams
- Big Fields for Hollywood's Final Curtain Call
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Bourbon Courage Faces Csaba, Neck 'n Neck
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North