Questroyal Stud, Gus Schoenborn, and Taylor Made Stallions have announced the acquisition of grade I winner Boys At Tosconova, who will stand the 2013 season at Questroyal North in Stillwater, N. Y.
Grade I winner Boys At Tosconova and grade II victor Redeemed have both been retired from racing, according to owner Samantha Siegel of Jay Em Ess Stable.
Fasig-Tipton has not received payment for grade I winner Crisp and the broodmares Little Bonnet and Sky Mom, who were sold for more than $1.9 million combined during the 2010 Kentucky November select mixed sale.
Odds-on choice Boys At Tosconova, under a hand ride from jockey Ramon Dominguez, showed his class with a measured win in the $250,000 Three Chimneys Hopeful Stakes (gr. I) on closing day at Saratoga Sept. 6.
Days of rain forced the $114,600 Sands Point Stakes off the water-logged Belmont Park turf Sunday and enabled main-track-only Savedbythelight to draw off and win the depleted 1 1/8-mile Father's Day stakes race in 1:49 on a fast track.
Wertheimer Farm's Indy Dancer, who is scheduled to face off with current Kentucky Derby favorite Empire Maker in Saturday's $750,000 Wood Memorial (gr. I), worked five furlongs over Belmont Park's main track in :59 2/5 handily.
Most Popular Stories
- Fall Meet at Los Alamitos Begins Sept. 5
- Sharp Sensation Edges Ben's Cat in 'Monster
- Competitive Edge Super Sharp in Hopeful Romp
- Ring Weekend at Home on Turf in Saranac Win
- Protonico Surges in Smarty Jones for Pletcher
- Munirah Arrives Late for Boiling Springs Win
- Del Mar Trainers to Hop in Bouncey Ball Race
- Cary Street Rides Rail to Greenwood Suprise
- Belmont Fall Championship Meet Opens Sept. 5
- Breeder, Businessman Garvin Dies at Age 71