House Party, winner of the Grade 1 Prioress here at Belmont in July, was one of six fillies and mares entered in the 10th running of the Gallant Bloom.
Jockey Richard Migliore knew that to defeat favored Shine Again in the Floral Par Handicap (gr. III) Saturday at Belmont Park, he would have to move Bauhauser quickly and decisively. Migliore did just that, guiding Bauhauser to a three-quarter-length victory n the six-furlong sprint for fillies and mares.
Two fillies, Mandy's Gold and Literary Light, are on the fence for Saturday's Floral Park Handicap (gr. III) at Belmont Park, according to their respective trainers.
Most Popular Stories
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Espinoza Wins First Race After HOF Announcement
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- BloodHorse.com Launches BackTrack Channel
- Quiet Business Wins Bewitch on Keeneland's Closing Day
- Sano Star Gunnevera Goes Easy Five Furlongs
- Blinkers Likely for Practical Joke in Kentucky Derby
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Vexatious Stands Out in Oaks Move
- O'Neill Confident After Irap's Mile Work