Smart N Classy, New Jersey breeder John Bowers Jr.'s successful fourth-generation mare, goes after her first graded stakes victory Sunday in the $150,000 Eatontown Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the Monmouth Park turf.
Cape Town Lass, already a winner at the Keeneland spring meeting, will face seven fillies and mares in the $100,000-added Bewitch (gr. III), to be run at 12 furlongs on the grass on Wednesday.
Gary Tanaka's Eleusis, a 3-year-old filly making her first start in the United States, put away favored Arvada in the final furlong to register her first graded or group win in the $150,000 Long Island Handicap (gr. IIT) for fillies and mares on the Aqueduct turf Saturday.
Arvada, a two-time winner for trainer Bobby Frankel on turf at Saratoga, is the 117-pound co-highweight for the $150,000 Long Island Handicap (gr. IIT), a race for fillies and mares at a mile and a half on the Aqueduct Park lawn Saturday.
Humaita edged Aud at the finish of a long stretch duel to win the $150,000 Rood and Riddle Dowager Stakes Sunday going 1 1/2 miles on soft turf at Keeneland.
The board of directors of The Race For Education voted Friday to allocate just under $300,000 for scholarships for the 2004 school year. Another $40,000 has been slotted for educational programs such as English as Second Language and literacy classes.
Most Popular Stories
- Stevens Says He'll Ride in Breeders' Cup
- Distorted Humor Tops WinStar Stallion Fees
- Will Take Charge to Stand for $30,000
- Ashford Execs Testify in Love Me Only Trial
- Bel's Starlet, 27, Dies at Our Mims
- Mott's BC Fillies are Close to His Heart
- Zia Park Hosts New Mexico Classic Cup Series
- FTBOA Names New Executive Committee, Board
- Tommy Town to Stand GI Winner Boisterous
- Pletcher Pair Heads Turnback the Alarm