Offspring of two-time Japanese Horse of the Year Deep Impact sold for six of the top 10 highest prices at the yearling session of the Japan Racing Horse Association select sale July 14.
A half sister to two champions by Galileo sells for 1.7 million Guineas ($2,770,000) on last day of Book One at the Tattersalls auction in England.
With a world-record yearling filly in the mix, business during the final session of Book One of Tattersalls' 2007 October sale is strong with an 18% upswing in gross over last year's total.
Listen rallied from fifth to easily defeat a classy field of 2-year-olds fillies in the Meon Valley Stud Fillies' Mile (Eng-I) at Ascot Sept. 29.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job
- Keeneland September Catalogs More Than 4,000
- Best Pal is Next Chapter for Story to Tell
- Handle Declines at Churchill-Owned Tracks
- Bullheaded Boy First Winner for Bullsbay
- King's Bishop Likely Option for Wildcat Red
- Makari Wins Smithwick for Voss Murray
- Hawthorne Drops Race Dates, Cuts Fall Stakes
- Dayatthespa, Big Blue Kitten on Whitney Card