Offspring of two-time Japanese Horse of the Year Deep Impact sold for six of the top 10 highest prices at the yearling session of the Japan Racing Horse Association select sale July 14.
A half sister to two champions by Galileo sells for 1.7 million Guineas ($2,770,000) on last day of Book One at the Tattersalls auction in England.
With a world-record yearling filly in the mix, business during the final session of Book One of Tattersalls' 2007 October sale is strong with an 18% upswing in gross over last year's total.
Listen rallied from fifth to easily defeat a classy field of 2-year-olds fillies in the Meon Valley Stud Fillies' Mile (Eng-I) at Ascot Sept. 29.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Victorious in Bernard Baruch Return
- Little Journey Favored in Boiling Springs
- Rockin Jojo First Winner for Street Magician
- Dissident, I Do Win in Australia, New Zealand
- Durkin Nears Finish Line of Brilliant Career
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga
- Stallion Oxbow to Stand at Calumet in 2015
- California Chrome Progressing Toward PA Derby
- Competitive Group Entered for Smarty Jones
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely