New systems are in place to monitor the quality of black-type stakes
The American Graded Stakes Committee of the Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association Dec. 4 presented its listing of U.S. graded and listed stakes races for 2016.
At the Jockey Club of Canada's Graded Stakes Committee annual review of the graded and listed stakes in Canada, the committee upgraded one listed race to bring the total to 44 graded stakes for 2015.
Eight races that carried listed status in 2014 will be upgraded to grade III in 2015, highlighting a relatively stable review of graded and listed stakes completed by the American Graded Stakes Committee of TOBA.
Evaluation of listed stakes is in full swing for 2014. read blog
New evaluations will shake up black-type status. read blog
Search the Thoroughbred national stakes race conditions in our NSC online tool! Use Tool
The North American International Catalogue Standards Committee has announced it will implement additional quality control requirements for North American races eligible for non-listed black-type status in sale catalogs.
A race-day ban of Salix in graded stakes for 2-year-olds would be extended to listed stakes as part of a new evaluation program.
Most Popular Stories
- Firing Line to Crestwood
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Juveniles Showcased at Gulfstream Saturday
- NY Again Considers Continuing Ed for Trainers
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- New York Calls Off Belmont Development
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Able Friend Out to Regain Hong Kong Glory