French imports Liska and Welcome Millenium worked on the Hollywood Park turf Sunday in preparation for the second running of the $750,000 American Oaks at 1 1/4 miles on grass Saturday.
Berry Gordy, founder of Motown Records, is again a growing presence as a Thoroughbred owner under the nom de course Vistas Stable.
Trainer Laura de Seroux raised her stakes-leading total to four with Azeri's victory in the $250,000 Vanity Handicap (gr. I) Saturday and seeks to add to those numbers during the next two weeks of the Hollywood Park spring/summer meet.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- G. G. Ryder Wins All American in Blanket Finish
- Weekend Hideaway Repeats in Commentator
- Gun Runner Breezes for Stephen Foster
- Connections Plan Breeders' Cup Trip for Top Casablanca
- Fourstar Crook Continues Turf Win Streak
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Rey de Oro wins Japanese Derby
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham