Irish champion Lisieux Rose's first foal is a Storm Cat filly foaled Feb. 1 at Eaton Farms near Lexington,
Gary A. Tanaka's Moonlady, making her first North American start, tracked the early leaders before gaining a commanding lead on the second turn to win the $150,000 Long Island Handicap (gr. III) by three lengths over Playact Saturday at Aqueduct as horses who last raced in Europe filled the top two finishing positions.
The $150,000 Long Island Handicap (gr. IIT), the final turf stakes of the year in New York for fillies and mares, drew an overflow field of 14 with two also eligibles entered for Saturday's Aqueduct feature.
Snow Polina and Happyanunoit, the first- and second-place finishers, respectively, from the Beverly D Stakes (gr. IT) at Arlington International in August will face each other again in the $750,000 Flower Bowl Invitational Handicap (gr. IT) Saturday at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Live Chat - Friday, March 7 at NOON EST
- Curlin, Asmussen Among Hall of Fame Finalists
- TimeformUS Weekend Stakes Plays
- Big 'Cap Seems Like Olden Days
- Indiana Downs Has New Name as Part of Rebrand
- First NH Winner for Southwestern Heat
- Palace Malice's Wins to Benefit Research
- Turfway Adds Starter Handicap Honoring Hansen
- Tony Ryan Book Award Semi-Finalists Announced
- Illinois Leaders Launch New Incentive Program