Not much has weighed on the mind of trainer Jimmy Jerkens when it comes to Edward Evans' Christmas Kid, but he has some slight distance concerns as the daughter of Lemon Drop Kid tries the Saturday's $150,000 Bonnie Miss Stakes (gr. II) at Gulfstream Park.
Christmas Kid, who has emerged as the 3-year-old filly division leader at Gulfstream Park for trainer Jimmy Jerkens, is the solid choice among eight entered for the $150,000 Bonnie Miss Stakes (gr. II) Saturday.
Edward P. Evans' homebred Christmas Kid stalked from second early in Saturday's $150,000 Davona Dale Stakes (gr. II) Saturday at Gulfstream Park, took command into the far turn, and drew clear to score by four lengths over High Again in the one-mile test for 3-year-old fillies.
Lucy Bassett's Meditations, who romped by nearly 11 lengths in the Three Ring at Calder on Dec. 2, could be the one to beat in Saturday's $150,000 Davona Dale (gr. II) at Gulfstream Park.
Edward P. Evans' favored homebred Christmas Kid won the first stakes race of her four-race career when taking the $100,000 Tropical Park Oaks by a half length over Perfect Motion on Monday at Calder Race Course.
Richard, Elaine and Bert Klein's Change Up, on the outside looking in at the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I), finds a challenging spot as the probable favorite in Sunday's $100,000-added Pocahontas at Churchill Downs.
Last at the head of the stretch, 35-1 shot Lisa M picked her way between rivals for jockey Carlos Marquez Jr. to arrive in time for a nose victory over Sutra in the $120,000 Arlington-Washington Breeders' Cup Lassie (gr. III) for 2-year-old fillies at rainy Arlington Park Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Study: EIPH Does Not Shorten Racing Careers
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- Kingman, Toronado Set for Sussex Clash
- 793 Cataloged for Tattersalls Ireland Sale
- Equibase Announces Redesigned Website
- Shadwell Turf Mile to Offer $1 Million Purse
- Ashford's Shanghai Bobby to Shuttle to Brazil
- RCI to Consider Horses-in-Training Rules