Not much has weighed on the mind of trainer Jimmy Jerkens when it comes to Edward Evans' Christmas Kid, but he has some slight distance concerns as the daughter of Lemon Drop Kid tries the Saturday's $150,000 Bonnie Miss Stakes (gr. II) at Gulfstream Park.
Christmas Kid, who has emerged as the 3-year-old filly division leader at Gulfstream Park for trainer Jimmy Jerkens, is the solid choice among eight entered for the $150,000 Bonnie Miss Stakes (gr. II) Saturday.
Edward P. Evans' homebred Christmas Kid stalked from second early in Saturday's $150,000 Davona Dale Stakes (gr. II) Saturday at Gulfstream Park, took command into the far turn, and drew clear to score by four lengths over High Again in the one-mile test for 3-year-old fillies.
Lucy Bassett's Meditations, who romped by nearly 11 lengths in the Three Ring at Calder on Dec. 2, could be the one to beat in Saturday's $150,000 Davona Dale (gr. II) at Gulfstream Park.
Edward P. Evans' favored homebred Christmas Kid won the first stakes race of her four-race career when taking the $100,000 Tropical Park Oaks by a half length over Perfect Motion on Monday at Calder Race Course.
Richard, Elaine and Bert Klein's Change Up, on the outside looking in at the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I), finds a challenging spot as the probable favorite in Sunday's $100,000-added Pocahontas at Churchill Downs.
Last at the head of the stretch, 35-1 shot Lisa M picked her way between rivals for jockey Carlos Marquez Jr. to arrive in time for a nose victory over Sutra in the $120,000 Arlington-Washington Breeders' Cup Lassie (gr. III) for 2-year-old fillies at rainy Arlington Park Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Close Hatches Dominates Personal Ensign
- California Chrome Sharpens Up at Los Alamitos
- Mark Valeski, Magna Graduate to Woodford
- Bayern Gallops 1 1/2 Miles On Eve of Travers
- Hootenanny, The Wow Signal to Meet in France
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return
- Irish Surf Opts for Classic Over Del Mar 'Cap
- Jerkens, Lukas, Durkin Honored at Saratoga
- Narniyn Seeks Breakthrough in Jean Romanet