Tennessee equestrian and horse breeder Lisa Cook wanted a Thoroughbred mare to breed to her Thoroughbred stallion, but perceived high prices always prevented her from buying one at high profile auctions such as Kentucky's Keeneland sale. But since the economy drove prices at this year's Keeneland September yearling sale downward, sport horse enthusiasts like Cook might be thinking differently.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Princess of Sylmar to Fasig-Tipton Sale
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Is Low-Dose Omeprazole Effective for Treating Ulcers?
- Keeneland Gross, Average Decline Slightly
- Fields Shaping Up for Super Saturday Card
- Los Alamitos Concludes First Fall Meet
- After the Wire: Game On Dude & Pa. Derby
- Jockey Court Eyes Return to Race Riding
- Florida Won Steals Ontario Derby Show