Tennessee equestrian and horse breeder Lisa Cook wanted a Thoroughbred mare to breed to her Thoroughbred stallion, but perceived high prices always prevented her from buying one at high profile auctions such as Kentucky's Keeneland sale. But since the economy drove prices at this year's Keeneland September yearling sale downward, sport horse enthusiasts like Cook might be thinking differently.
Most Popular Stories
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Si Sage Speeds to Whittingham Victory
- Songbird Works at Santa Anita, Target Unknown
- Exaggerator Arrives at Belmont Park
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Lexie Lou Back to Winning Ways at Woodbine
- Makahiki Wins Japanese Derby
- Royal Ascot Journey Confirmed for Tepin
- Surgical Strike Gets His Graded Stakes Win