Hall of Fame jockey Calvin Borel was hospitalized with a broken fibula Oct. 23 after falling from his mount in the sixth race of the day at Keeneland, which was declared a no contest.
Jockey Calvin Borel has resumed exercising horses and hopes to continue his quest for career victory 5,000 with a return to the saddle on Feb. 16.
Win 5,000 will have to wait. Veteran reinsman Calvin Borel has sustained a minor wrist fracture that will keep him on the sidelines for about 18 days.
Most Popular Stories
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Marialite Upsets Favorites at Hanshin
- Sheer Drama On Fence for 'Summit of Speed'
- Minding Coasts Clear in Pretty Polly
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Lord Nelson Lunges to Triple Bend Score
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- Nyquist Logs Easy Afternoon Workout
- Night Racing Debuts at Albuquerque; Handle Up