Hall of Fame jockey Calvin Borel was hospitalized with a broken fibula Oct. 23 after falling from his mount in the sixth race of the day at Keeneland, which was declared a no contest.
Jockey Calvin Borel has resumed exercising horses and hopes to continue his quest for career victory 5,000 with a return to the saddle on Feb. 16.
Win 5,000 will have to wait. Veteran reinsman Calvin Borel has sustained a minor wrist fracture that will keep him on the sidelines for about 18 days.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Gold Cup Day
- Zayat Pinhooking Venture Returns Large Profit
- Graded Stakes Winner Destin Set for 2017 Debut
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Familiar Faces Highlight New York Showcase
- Litfin: Gold Cup Figures to Set up Well for Accelerate
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park