Hall of Fame jockey Calvin Borel was hospitalized with a broken fibula Oct. 23 after falling from his mount in the sixth race of the day at Keeneland, which was declared a no contest.
Jockey Calvin Borel has resumed exercising horses and hopes to continue his quest for career victory 5,000 with a return to the saddle on Feb. 16.
Win 5,000 will have to wait. Veteran reinsman Calvin Borel has sustained a minor wrist fracture that will keep him on the sidelines for about 18 days.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Looking to Retain His Throne
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Champion English Channel Relocates to Calumet
- Wise Dan to Make Return in Bernard Baruch
- Storm and a Half to Stand in Iowa
- Tiz Wonderful Colt Sells for OKC Sale Record
- Unbeaten Taghrooda Heads Yorkshire Oaks
- Consignors Provide Keeneland Showing Schedule
- Haskin's Top Sprinters of the Last 50 Years
- New Mexico Owner/Breeder Danley Dies