Hall of Fame jockey Calvin Borel was hospitalized with a broken fibula Oct. 23 after falling from his mount in the sixth race of the day at Keeneland, which was declared a no contest.
Jockey Calvin Borel has resumed exercising horses and hopes to continue his quest for career victory 5,000 with a return to the saddle on Feb. 16.
Win 5,000 will have to wait. Veteran reinsman Calvin Borel has sustained a minor wrist fracture that will keep him on the sidelines for about 18 days.
Most Popular Stories
- Plan in Works to Save Suffolk Downs Racing
- Espinoza Suspended for Awesome Again Ride
- Figures Decline at F-T Midlantic Fall Sale
- Two-Time Gr. I Winner Strategic Maneuver Dies
- Rosalind to Fasig-Tipton November Sale
- Desormeaux to Hospital After Kick by Horse
- Simulcast Conference: HD Options Progressing
- Record Prize Money Expected for NHC, NHC Tour
- Kay Outlines Recent Successes to NYRA Board
- Haskin: Thoughts on a Super Saturday