Hall of Fame jockey Calvin Borel was hospitalized with a broken fibula Oct. 23 after falling from his mount in the sixth race of the day at Keeneland, which was declared a no contest.
Jockey Calvin Borel has resumed exercising horses and hopes to continue his quest for career victory 5,000 with a return to the saddle on Feb. 16.
Win 5,000 will have to wait. Veteran reinsman Calvin Borel has sustained a minor wrist fracture that will keep him on the sidelines for about 18 days.
Most Popular Stories
- Pomeroy, Flashy Bull to Stand in Saudi Arabia
- New York to Act on New Medication Rules
- Ex-Calder Racing Secretary Headed to Hialeah
- Cassatt Takes Advantage of Big Zia Park Day
- Motion Shipper Appealing Cat in Del Mar Debut
- Napravnik Among Five Woolf Award Finalists
- Churchill to Resume Live Racing Nov. 21
- Rockridge Stud Announces 2015 Stallion Fees
- Woodbine, Horsemen Announce 2015 Calendar
- UC-Davis Seeks Horse Management Survey Input