Hall of Fame jockey Calvin Borel was hospitalized with a broken fibula Oct. 23 after falling from his mount in the sixth race of the day at Keeneland, which was declared a no contest.
Jockey Calvin Borel has resumed exercising horses and hopes to continue his quest for career victory 5,000 with a return to the saddle on Feb. 16.
Win 5,000 will have to wait. Veteran reinsman Calvin Borel has sustained a minor wrist fracture that will keep him on the sidelines for about 18 days.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Ferndale Racetrack OK After Earthquake
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience
- Holy Bull Stakes Goal for Gunnevera