Hall of Fame jockey Calvin Borel was hospitalized with a broken fibula Oct. 23 after falling from his mount in the sixth race of the day at Keeneland, which was declared a no contest.
Jockey Calvin Borel has resumed exercising horses and hopes to continue his quest for career victory 5,000 with a return to the saddle on Feb. 16.
Win 5,000 will have to wait. Veteran reinsman Calvin Borel has sustained a minor wrist fracture that will keep him on the sidelines for about 18 days.
Most Popular Stories
- Agency Selected to Market American Pharoah
- Frosted Continues Working Toward Belmont
- Pletcher Horses Top Belmont Work Tab
- Hail Hooper, Hyperion
- Frosted Scheduled for Belmont Stakes Run
- Geller to Follow Loiselle on Woodbine Mic
- Commentary: Unintended Consequences
- Gleneagles to Try for Guineas Double
- American Pharoah Back on Track at Churchill
- American Pharoah to Stand at Ashford Stud