Eagle Mountain emerged a comfortable winner of the Dec. 14 Cathay Pacific Hong Kong Cup (HK-I) at Sha Tin, a race that will also be remembered for tales of what might have been.
Linngari added another stamp to his passport and garnered his first group I victory by capturing the Premio Vittorio di Capua (Ity-I) at San Siro Oct. 21.
Local outsider Able One led from start to finish to virtually steal the Champions Mile (HK-I) at Sha Tin Sunday in a triumph for Hong Kong, with John Moore training the victor and the runner-up, Joyful Winner.
Japan had a strong hand going into the US$5million Dubai Duty Free (UAE-I) and it was their Admire Moon, ridden by Japanese icon Yutaka Take, who landed the spoils in scintillating fashion.
Godolphin added to its Group 1 success in France this season when Caradak prevailed in a tight finish to win the Prix de la Foret (Fr-I) at Longchamp on Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Churchill Considers Historic Gaming Machines
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Strong Gains at OBS Session Led by Record Tiznow Colt
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Santa Anita Officials Confident Future Cards Will Fill