Riding the River, Canada's reigning male champion grass performer, successfully defended his title in the King Edward Stakes (Can-IIT) at Woodbine June 23 with a late surge to nip Valentino Beauty and the late-charging Hotep.
Shut off while making a move for the lead in the stretch, Riding the River dipped to the inside for racing room and emerged with a 9-1 upset win in the $318,180 Nijinsky Stakes (Can-IIT) July 22 on the Woodbine turf course.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Major Expansion Planned for Aqueduct Casino
- Japan Races added to BC Challenge Series
- KY-Bred Ryans Charm Scores Repeat in Peru GI
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Into Mischief Filly MHBA Yearling Show Champ
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- KY Track, Equipment Co. Offers Scholarship
- RTCA Seeking Nominees for White Horse Award