The company that owns three of the four racetracks with synthetic surfaces in England said Oct. 9 it will launch the "All-Weather Championships," a series of qualifiers and a championship day April 18, 2014.
The half sister of European superstar Frankel won May 28 by 3 1/4 lengths at Lingfield Park.
Kieren Fallon, the six-time champion jockey of Britain, was struck in the face by an owner of another horse following a seven-furlong race on Polytrack at Lingfield Park, England, on Saturday, March 20.
Kieren Fallon, Britain's champion jockey last year, was banned for 21 days Monday by the British Jockey Club following his short-head defeat on maiden Ballinger Ridge at Lingfield Park in Surrey March 2. An investigation into unusual betting on the race wil continue.
Most Popular Stories
- Suffolk Downs, Horsemen Have Deal for Meets
- TJC Acquires Majority Interest in Blood-Horse
- American Pharoah Shows Readiness for Rebel
- Trainer A. C. Avila Suspended, Fined by CHRB
- California Chrome Working Steadily for Dubai
- Caesars' Moves Impact Turfway, ThistleDown
- Ben's Cat Maryland-Bred HOY for Fourth Year
- Nerud 3-Year-Old Wins Again at Big A
- NJ Track Calls for End to Simulcast Impasse
- Charles Town, Oaklawn, Laurel Cancel Cards