The company that owns three of the four racetracks with synthetic surfaces in England said Oct. 9 it will launch the "All-Weather Championships," a series of qualifiers and a championship day April 18, 2014.
The half sister of European superstar Frankel won May 28 by 3 1/4 lengths at Lingfield Park.
Kieren Fallon, the six-time champion jockey of Britain, was struck in the face by an owner of another horse following a seven-furlong race on Polytrack at Lingfield Park, England, on Saturday, March 20.
Kieren Fallon, Britain's champion jockey last year, was banned for 21 days Monday by the British Jockey Club following his short-head defeat on maiden Ballinger Ridge at Lingfield Park in Surrey March 2. An investigation into unusual betting on the race wil continue.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Grade 1 Winner Gormley Works Toward Next Start
- Consignors Bullish on Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale
- White Beauty Lineage
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Laurel Park to Introduce Fans to Ownership Experience