The company that owns three of the four racetracks with synthetic surfaces in England said Oct. 9 it will launch the "All-Weather Championships," a series of qualifiers and a championship day April 18, 2014.
The half sister of European superstar Frankel won May 28 by 3 1/4 lengths at Lingfield Park.
Kieren Fallon, the six-time champion jockey of Britain, was struck in the face by an owner of another horse following a seven-furlong race on Polytrack at Lingfield Park, England, on Saturday, March 20.
Kieren Fallon, Britain's champion jockey last year, was banned for 21 days Monday by the British Jockey Club following his short-head defeat on maiden Ballinger Ridge at Lingfield Park in Surrey March 2. An investigation into unusual betting on the race wil continue.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- The Pizza Man Key Ingredient To Arlington
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- The Influence of His Majesty
- French Derby Duo Clash Again at Longchamp
- Tattersalls July Sale Ends on High Note
- Belmont to Offer Low-Roller Player Tourney
- AHC: Bonus Depreciation Bill Passed by House