Any Limit, winner of this year's Honorable Miss Handicap (gr.II) and First Flight Handicap (gr.II), will miss the Ballerina (gr.I) at Saratoga Aug. 24, because of a recurring injury.
Joseph Shields Jr.'s homebred Any Limit fought off Miss Macy Sue in the early stages and opened up her lead around the turn, eventually romping to a 5 3/4-length victory in the $150,000 Honorable Miss Handicap (gr. II) Aug. 1 at Saratoga.
Joseph V. Fields Jr.'s homebred mare Any Limit hit the winner's circle for the first time in nearly 17 months July 4 at Belmont, getting the early jump on six rivals, then holding off Wild Gams in a determined stretch drive to narrowly win the $150,000 First Flight Handicap (gr. II).
Trainer Allen Jerkens scored a graded stakes double at Gulfstream Park when Joseph V. Shields Jr.'s homebred filly Any Limit was a prompt winner of Saturday's $108,500 Hurricane Bertie Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares as the 17-10 favorite.
Joseph V. Shields Jr.'s homebred Any Limit pulled away from her rivals mid-stretch to post her first graded stakes win in the First Lady Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares at Gulfstream Park Saturday.
Grade II winner Limit Out will stand the 2004 breeding season at Carl Lizza Jr. and Joe Bartone's Highcliff Farm near Delanson, N.Y., as property of a partnership.
Champion and classic winner Victory Gallop was represented by his first winner when his son Victory Light won July 12
Most Popular Stories
- Filly by The Factor Tops OBS Winter Opener
- Kentucky Approves Racing License for Blasi
- Kaigun Makes 2015 Debut in Arcadia Stakes
- Fillies Vie for Grade I Glory in Las Virgenes
- Invasor to Uruguay's Haras Cuatro Piedras
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- The Horse Who Changed the Triple Crown
- Secret Circle Part of Salty Palos Verdes Cast
- Knee Chip Sidelines Hutcheson Winner Barbados
- Ocean Knight, Catalina Red Top Sam F. Davis