The Blood-Horse and Glenye Cain Oakford visit with 2007 Kentucky Oaks winner Rags to Riches. Coolmore Stud Sales Director David O'Loughlin describes Rags to Riches Galileo foal while watching Rags at her new home in Ireland. watch video
Lillie Langtry wore down Spacious in the final strides to claim a neck victory in the Coolmore Fusaichi Pegasus Matron Stakes (Ire-I) at Leopardstown Sept. 4.
Class and consistency paid off in a major way as Music Show swept by Spacious in the final furlong to earn her first group I victory in the Etihad Airways Falmouth Stakes (Eng-I) at Newmarket July 7.
Although there were no grade I races in the this past weekend, we did kick off the second season for 3-year-olds in rousing fashion and caught an early glimpse of the possible European challengers for the Breeders' Cup.
Lillie Langtry provided the Ballydoyle team with their first winner of the meeting when she turned in a dominating performance to capture the Coronation Stakes (Eng-I) by 1 1/4-lengths at Royal Ascot June 18.
Lillie Langtry, the beaten favorite in the Nov. 6 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf, suffered a slab fracture in a knee during the race.
On an otherwise routine morning, Lillie Langtry tosses rider and forces trainer to climb aboard.
A full field of 2-year-old fillies, with two also eligibles, have been entered in the $1-million Juvenile Fillies Turf at Santa Anita on Nov. 6.
Lillie Langtry is the most accomplished horse in the field of the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf.
Termagant, making just her second career start, pulled off a surprising 16-1 upset when she drew off to a 2 1/2-length victory over Famous in the Moyglare Stud Stakes (Ire-I) at the Curragh Aug. 30.
Most Popular Stories
- Taghrooda Flies to King George Triumph
- Keeneland's Historical Racing Plans Delayed
- Irish Surf Runs Away in Cougar II Marathon
- Dance With Fate's Exercise Rider Has Surgery
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- Whitney Card's Grade I Races Taking Shape
- LoPresti Unfazed by Slow Move from Wise Dan
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- V. E. Day Gives Lezcano Win 2,000 in Curlin
- Little Alexis Set for Test After Bullet Move