Lillie Langtry wore down Spacious in the final strides to claim a neck victory in the Coolmore Fusaichi Pegasus Matron Stakes (Ire-I) at Leopardstown Sept. 4.
Class and consistency paid off in a major way as Music Show swept by Spacious in the final furlong to earn her first group I victory in the Etihad Airways Falmouth Stakes (Eng-I) at Newmarket July 7.
Although there were no grade I races in the this past weekend, we did kick off the second season for 3-year-olds in rousing fashion and caught an early glimpse of the possible European challengers for the Breeders' Cup.
Lillie Langtry provided the Ballydoyle team with their first winner of the meeting when she turned in a dominating performance to capture the Coronation Stakes (Eng-I) by 1 1/4-lengths at Royal Ascot June 18.
Lillie Langtry, the beaten favorite in the Nov. 6 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf, suffered a slab fracture in a knee during the race.
On an otherwise routine morning, Lillie Langtry tosses rider and forces trainer to climb aboard.
A full field of 2-year-old fillies, with two also eligibles, have been entered in the $1-million Juvenile Fillies Turf at Santa Anita on Nov. 6.
Lillie Langtry is the most accomplished horse in the field of the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf.
Termagant, making just her second career start, pulled off a surprising 16-1 upset when she drew off to a 2 1/2-length victory over Famous in the Moyglare Stud Stakes (Ire-I) at the Curragh Aug. 30.
Most Popular Stories
- Streaming Surges Clear for Starlet Surprise
- Multiple Grade I Winner Flat Out Retired
- Broken Sword Never Looks Back in Bayakoa Win
- Apprentice Jockey Vanessa Fry Wins Her First
- Exit Stage Left Stays Unbeaten in Gold Rush
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Ed Dunlop - Red Cadeaux
- Nevada Kid Rolls in Claiming Crown Jewel
- Hong Kong Runners May Have Trouble This Year
- Hedge Skimmer Valiant Girl Shocks My Charmer
- Speaking of Which Makes Grade at Calder