The filly Hard Not to Like romped to victory over her male counterparts in the $247,921 Cup and Saucer Stakes over a soft turf course at Woodbine Oct. 15. A pair of horses pulled up early.
Like a Gem ran her winning streak to three races in the US$219,564 Maple Leaf Nov. 10 while spoiling the Woodbine debut of Western Canada invader Monashee, who was looking for her 12th consecutive win.
Like a Gem, dismissed at odds of 48-1, dashed the Triple Tiara hopes of Kimchi, in capturing the $250,000 Wonder Where Stakes Saturday on the Woodbine turf Saturday.
Hillsbrook Farms' homebred Like a Gem is the lukewarm 5-2 morning line favorite among 10 Canadian-foaled 3-year-old fillies set to contest the $500,000 Labatt Woodbine Oaks at nine furlongs Sunday at the Toronto track.
Leading jockey Emma-Jayne Wilson recorded her second stakes win on the Woodbine season, guiding 12-1 longshot Our Madison to an upset score in Sunday's $162,550 Ontario Lassie Stakes for 2-year-old Canadian breds.
Most Popular Stories
- Frivolous Posts Falls City Handicap Upset
- After Gallop, California Chrome Ready to Go
- Finnegans Wake Prevails in Hollywood Turf Cup
- Salutos Amigos Rallies to Win Fall Highweight
- Daddy D T Tops Cecil B. DeMille Stakes
- Chrome to Go for the Green in Hollywood Derby
- Nathaniel Filly Tops Tattersalls Foal Session
- Euros Inside and Out After Japan Cup Draw
- Discreet Marq, La Tia Square Off in Matriarch
- Secret Circle, Itsmyluckyday in Cigar Mile