Black Caviar tied the record for consecutive victories in Australasia and almost set a course standard in the process when she won the group I Lightning Stakes at Flemington Feb. 18 on six days' rest.
Black Caviar remained undefeated by collecting her 18th victory in the group I Sportingbet CF Orr Stakes at Caulfield in Australia Feb. 11. It was the mare's eighth group one win.
The racing career of Australia's iron maiden, multiple group I winner Gold Edition, is over after she resumed from a spell in the group I Lightning Stakes on 2 February at Flemington and failed to run a place.
Miss Andretti, named for Mario Andretti, had enough horsepower to win Australia's first group I of the year, the Lightning Stakes.
Takeover Target took a giant step to a wider stage with a grand win in the Lightning Stakes (Aus-I) at Melbourne's Flemington oval Feb. 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Positive Outlook for Fasig-Tipton Yearlings
- Untapable to Face Males in Haskell
- Fasig-Tipton Kentucky: July 2014 Sale Preview
- First Starter Wins for Indiana Sire Dr Large
- Sentient Jet Returns as Breeders' Cup Sponsor
- F-T Kentucky: Hip 414 Bedford Land
- Los Alamitos Meet Handles $5 Million a Day
- The Thoroughbred Racehorse Foot
- Ortiz, Castellano Finish in Tie at Belmont
- New Journeyman Cabrera Wins Lone Star Title