Four Illinois divisional champions from 2004 are prominent among 65 horses entered for the six $75,000-added stakes races that comprise the sixth annual Prairie State Festival to be held Saturday at Arlington Park.
Trainer Chris Block always makes a point to circle the date of the Prairie State Festival on his calendar, and with good reason. Two of his runners – Fort Prado and Lighthouse Lil – found the winner's circle on Arlington's annual celebration for Illinois-registered horses.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Emerald Downs Purses to Rise 20% in 2015
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Bridlewood Owner Malone Purchases Ballylinch
- Casino Would Negatively Impact Finger Lakes
- Pedigree Analysis: Milwaukee Brew
- Musselman Drops Lawsuit Against Churchill