Peeping Fawn scored her third straight group I victory when she rolled to an authoritative 1 1/2-length victory in the Blue Square Nassau Stakes (Eng-I) at Glorious Goodwood Aug. 4.
Peeping Fawn effectively reversed the Vodafone Oaks (Eng-I) form with a decisive 3 1/2-length victory over Light Shift in the Darley Irish Oaks (Ire-I) at The Curragh on Sunday.
After a seven-year absence, Henry Cecil, the master of Warren Place and one of the greatest trainers in the history of the British turf, roared back into the Classic spotlight when his high class filly, Light Shift captured the Vodafone Oaks (Eng-I) at Epsom on Friday.
The Vodafone Oaks (Eng-I), first run at Epsom Downs in 1779, takes place at the historic Surrey venue June 1, and promises plenty after receiving 73 entries. A quartet of horses trained by Henry Cecil, and headed by group I winner Passage Time, are among the early hopefuls.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Cathryn Sophia Gets Early Morning Workout
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Abashiri Sweeps South African Triple Crown
- Romans' Derby Pair Breezes at Churchill
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby