Peeping Fawn scored her third straight group I victory when she rolled to an authoritative 1 1/2-length victory in the Blue Square Nassau Stakes (Eng-I) at Glorious Goodwood Aug. 4.
Peeping Fawn effectively reversed the Vodafone Oaks (Eng-I) form with a decisive 3 1/2-length victory over Light Shift in the Darley Irish Oaks (Ire-I) at The Curragh on Sunday.
After a seven-year absence, Henry Cecil, the master of Warren Place and one of the greatest trainers in the history of the British turf, roared back into the Classic spotlight when his high class filly, Light Shift captured the Vodafone Oaks (Eng-I) at Epsom on Friday.
The Vodafone Oaks (Eng-I), first run at Epsom Downs in 1779, takes place at the historic Surrey venue June 1, and promises plenty after receiving 73 entries. A quartet of horses trained by Henry Cecil, and headed by group I winner Passage Time, are among the early hopefuls.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- The Pizza Man Key Ingredient To Arlington
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- The Influence of His Majesty
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- Tattersalls July Sale Ends on High Note
- French Derby Duo Clash Again at Longchamp
- Belmont to Offer Low-Roller Player Tourney
- AHC: Bonus Depreciation Bill Passed by House