Peeping Fawn scored her third straight group I victory when she rolled to an authoritative 1 1/2-length victory in the Blue Square Nassau Stakes (Eng-I) at Glorious Goodwood Aug. 4.
Peeping Fawn effectively reversed the Vodafone Oaks (Eng-I) form with a decisive 3 1/2-length victory over Light Shift in the Darley Irish Oaks (Ire-I) at The Curragh on Sunday.
After a seven-year absence, Henry Cecil, the master of Warren Place and one of the greatest trainers in the history of the British turf, roared back into the Classic spotlight when his high class filly, Light Shift captured the Vodafone Oaks (Eng-I) at Epsom on Friday.
The Vodafone Oaks (Eng-I), first run at Epsom Downs in 1779, takes place at the historic Surrey venue June 1, and promises plenty after receiving 73 entries. A quartet of horses trained by Henry Cecil, and headed by group I winner Passage Time, are among the early hopefuls.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Grade 1 Winner Gormley Works Toward Next Start
- Consignors Bullish on Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale
- White Beauty Lineage
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Laurel Park to Introduce Fans to Ownership Experience