In a letter to a senior vice president of the New York Racing Association, the executive director of the MidAtlantic Cooperative of racetracks voiced his frustration at the organization's inability to come to terms with NYRA and the TVG Network over simulcasting issues.
Negotiations are underway to resolve the bitter simulcasting dispute between the New York Racing Association and a consortium of Northeast racetracks, as both sides seek to insist the other is being more financially hurt by the controversy.
Joe Aquilino registered his first Saratoga stakes victory Wednesday afternoon as Jay Lieberman's and Mark Scharfman's Sabellina and Hall of Fame jockey Pat Day out-fought On the Bus and Hall of Famer Jerry Bailey for a nose victory in the 25th running of the $114,800 Yaddo Handicap for New York-bred fillies and mares at nine furlongs on the turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Shakin It Up Retired, To Stand at Spendthrift
- Darley Sire Commands Dies in Australia
- Slade Power Convincing July Cup Victor
- Calder's Top Racing Official to Stay With CDI
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- The Pizza Man Key Ingredient To Arlington
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- The Influence of His Majesty