In a letter to a senior vice president of the New York Racing Association, the executive director of the MidAtlantic Cooperative of racetracks voiced his frustration at the organization's inability to come to terms with NYRA and the TVG Network over simulcasting issues.
Negotiations are underway to resolve the bitter simulcasting dispute between the New York Racing Association and a consortium of Northeast racetracks, as both sides seek to insist the other is being more financially hurt by the controversy.
Joe Aquilino registered his first Saratoga stakes victory Wednesday afternoon as Jay Lieberman's and Mark Scharfman's Sabellina and Hall of Fame jockey Pat Day out-fought On the Bus and Hall of Famer Jerry Bailey for a nose victory in the 25th running of the $114,800 Yaddo Handicap for New York-bred fillies and mares at nine furlongs on the turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Competitive Field of 12 Distaffers in Frankel
- NY to Adopt ARCI Rules on Multiple Violations
- Don't Tell Sophia Back at Oaklawn for 2015
- Handsome Mike to Stand at Pleasant Acres
- New Purse Payout for Charles Town Classic
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Qatar Sponsorship Boosts Goodwood Purses
- Champion High Chaparral Euthanized at 15
- Scholarship Named in Honor of Thornbury
- Gulfstream Builds Stalls for Displaced Horses