Stakes winners Liberty Gold, Perigee Moon, and Valid Belfast have each been represented by their first winners.
Graded stakes winner Liberty Gold has been retired from racing and will stand on behalf of a syndicate at Ron and Nina Hagen's El Dorado Farms near Enumclaw, Wash.
Say Florida Sandy rallied from off the pace on the inner dirt track at Aqueduct and held late-closers Liberty Gold and Lake Pontchartrain at bay to win Saturday's $85,750 Gravesend Handicap (gr. III) for the second time in his career. Say Florida Sandy won the 1998 Gravesend by a neck over Esteemed Friend. The 6-year-old earned $51,450 for his 22nd career win from 64 starts.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Impressive in Workout
- War Story to Skip Belmont, Head to Ohio Derby
- NYRA Outlines Belmont Traffic-Flow Plan
- American Pharoah 'Went Great' in Slop at CD
- Trainer Baffert, on American Pharoah's Breeze
- Hard Not to Like Skims Rail, Takes Gamely
- Street Story Flies to Winning Colors Win
- Comments to Treasury Jump as Deadline Nears
- Majestic City Strong in Lone Star Handicap
- G. G. Ryder Swoops to All American Win