Stakes winners Liberty Gold, Perigee Moon, and Valid Belfast have each been represented by their first winners.
Graded stakes winner Liberty Gold has been retired from racing and will stand on behalf of a syndicate at Ron and Nina Hagen's El Dorado Farms near Enumclaw, Wash.
Say Florida Sandy rallied from off the pace on the inner dirt track at Aqueduct and held late-closers Liberty Gold and Lake Pontchartrain at bay to win Saturday's $85,750 Gravesend Handicap (gr. III) for the second time in his career. Say Florida Sandy won the 1998 Gravesend by a neck over Esteemed Friend. The 6-year-old earned $51,450 for his 22nd career win from 64 starts.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Rockingham to End All Operations Aug. 31
- Velasquez to Ride Full-Time at Gulfstream
- Little Nappy is Shackleford's First Winner
- Candy Ride Colt Tops Barretts Sale
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Taris Could Opt for Triple Bend Over Vanity
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont