Stakes winners Liberty Gold, Perigee Moon, and Valid Belfast have each been represented by their first winners.
Graded stakes winner Liberty Gold has been retired from racing and will stand on behalf of a syndicate at Ron and Nina Hagen's El Dorado Farms near Enumclaw, Wash.
Say Florida Sandy rallied from off the pace on the inner dirt track at Aqueduct and held late-closers Liberty Gold and Lake Pontchartrain at bay to win Saturday's $85,750 Gravesend Handicap (gr. III) for the second time in his career. Say Florida Sandy won the 1998 Gravesend by a neck over Esteemed Friend. The 6-year-old earned $51,450 for his 22nd career win from 64 starts.
Most Popular Stories
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- Big Orange Gets Best of Order of St George in Gold Cup
- Jockey Club Gold Cup Purse Lowered, Cigar Mile Hiked
- Battle of Midway Using Affirmed as Prep for Haskell
- Milestone Victory for Goodwin Comes at Canterbury Park
- It's Over: Parties Reach Agreement in Life At Ten Case
- Lady Aurelia Overpowers Males in King's Stand
- International Sire Elusive Quality Pensioned