The demand for quality bloodstock was in full force at the Keeneland November breeding stock sale, but the middle and lower markets were soft.
Kinsella, the 2007 Saratoga sale topper whose price was more than double the second-highest-priced yearling, won March 14 at Gulfstream Park in his first start.
First-crop sire Strong Hope, a grade II winner, was represented by English winner Art Preview June 23.
The first reported foal by grade I winner Bellamy Road is a filly born Jan. 11 at Jim and Pam Robinson's Brandywine Farm near Paris, Ky.
Simon Pure, a grade II stakes-placed son of Silver Deputy, has been retired from racing and will enter stud at Hartley/De Renzo Thoroughbreds near Ocala, Fla.
Strong Hope, a multiple grade II winner for Eugene and Laura Melnyk, has been retired from racing and will enter stud at the Hancock family's Claiborne Farm near Paris, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- 2015 Florida Derby Race Sequence
- Martin Defends Sending 'Chrome' to Ascot
- Corinthian Colt Paces F-T Texas Sale
- Lurie Joins Hoosier Park, Indiana Grand Teams
- New Horsemen's Incentives at Pimlico Meet
- Lenny's Place: Opening Day Edition
- Carpe Diem Back at Keeneland for Blue Grass
- Fracture Knocks Far From Over Off Derby Trail
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 31, 2015
- Stallion Sharp Humor Dies in South Korea