The demand for quality bloodstock was in full force at the Keeneland November breeding stock sale, but the middle and lower markets were soft.
Kinsella, the 2007 Saratoga sale topper whose price was more than double the second-highest-priced yearling, won March 14 at Gulfstream Park in his first start.
First-crop sire Strong Hope, a grade II winner, was represented by English winner Art Preview June 23.
The first reported foal by grade I winner Bellamy Road is a filly born Jan. 11 at Jim and Pam Robinson's Brandywine Farm near Paris, Ky.
Simon Pure, a grade II stakes-placed son of Silver Deputy, has been retired from racing and will enter stud at Hartley/De Renzo Thoroughbreds near Ocala, Fla.
Strong Hope, a multiple grade II winner for Eugene and Laura Melnyk, has been retired from racing and will enter stud at the Hancock family's Claiborne Farm near Paris, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Features 201 Pre-Entered Horses
- California's Golden Eagle Farm Set to Close
- Tapit Filly Tops Record F-T October Sale
- Declaration of War Moving to Ashford Stud
- Queen's Plate Winner Lexie Lou in Autumn Miss
- Sherman Sees California Chrome Bouncing Back
- F-T October Yearling Sale Recap Day 3
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Early Thoughts on the BC Pre-Entries
- Romansh Tries One Turn in Bold Ruler