The demand for quality bloodstock was in full force at the Keeneland November breeding stock sale, but the middle and lower markets were soft.
Kinsella, the 2007 Saratoga sale topper whose price was more than double the second-highest-priced yearling, won March 14 at Gulfstream Park in his first start.
First-crop sire Strong Hope, a grade II winner, was represented by English winner Art Preview June 23.
The first reported foal by grade I winner Bellamy Road is a filly born Jan. 11 at Jim and Pam Robinson's Brandywine Farm near Paris, Ky.
Simon Pure, a grade II stakes-placed son of Silver Deputy, has been retired from racing and will enter stud at Hartley/De Renzo Thoroughbreds near Ocala, Fla.
Strong Hope, a multiple grade II winner for Eugene and Laura Melnyk, has been retired from racing and will enter stud at the Hancock family's Claiborne Farm near Paris, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- Trainer Chad Brown Finally Lands His Knockout
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- After the Eclipse: Songbird at WinStar Part 2
- NYSGC Suspends Jockey Agent Gonzalez for 10 Years
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Tepin Gets Serious in Latest Work
- Sherman Staying in the Moment With California Chrome