Former Kentucky chief steward John Veitch has filed a supplemental appeal of his Nov. 28 dismissal from his position, claiming that he was illegally and improperly fired by the Secretary of the Public Protection Cabinet.
It is unlikely that an investigation into Life At Ten's participation in the Breeders' Cup Ladies Classic (gr. I) will be completed in time for a report to the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission at its next meeting.
Most Popular Stories
- Prado 'Day to Day' After Gulfstream Spill
- Salutos Amigos Adds Gravesend Stakes Victory
- Nine-Month Suspension Recommended for Veitch
- California Chrome is Vox Populi Award Winner
- Six Grade I Races Set for Belmont Stakes Day
- Leave the Light On for Storm Cat
- Silviniaco Conti Wins 2nd King George Chase
- WV Racing Struggles With Plan for Stability
- Bettys Bambino Draws Well in Downhill Daytona
- Researchers Study Near-, Farsightedness in Horses