Jockey Jose Lezcano rode six winners on Monmouth Park's June 22 card, equaling a Monmouth Park record.
Jose Lezcano answered the questions for this interview on the telephone, through the interpretation of his agent, Jason Bidas, while laughing hysterically in the background.
Compared to the troubled trip he got in last year's edition of the $350,000 Gulfstream Park Turf (gr. IT), Einstein's victory in the Feb. 23 event was a relative romp.
The Thoroughbred meet at Meadowlands that ended Nov. 11 was negatively impacted by an outbreak of equine herpes virus which placed nearly 100 horses in quarantine.
Jockey Jose Lezcano, second leading rider at Monmouth Park, was reported to be bruised, but okay following a fall just before the wire in the ninth race on Wednesday.
Jockey Jose Lezcano, second in the Monmouth Park jockey standings, was taken to Monmouth Medical Center in Long Branch on Wednesday after being unseated by his mount Hermosillo during the running of the ninth race at the Oceanport, N.J., track.
Lorenzo Lezcano, an apprentice rider from Panama, topped Aqueduct's winter meet standings with 70 victories.
Jockey Norbert Arroyo Jr. was injured in a spill during the first race Saturday at Aqueduct.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Gallops at Churchill
- Espinoza: TC Pursuit 'Different This Time'
- Frosted Scheduled for Belmont Stakes Run
- MarketWatch: American Pharoah's Stud Value
- Golden Eagle Partial Dispersal at Barretts
- Five Palms Making Stakes Debut in Los Angeles
- Love Me Only's First Foal a Stakes Winner
- American Pharoah to Stand at Ashford Stud
- Pletcher Horses Top Belmont Work Tab
- Frosted Continues Working Toward Belmont