American Oaks (gr. IT) runner-up Well Monied heads a full field of 3-year-old fillies for the $350,000 Del Mar Oaks (gr. IT) Aug. 22 on the turf at the seaside track.
Favored Gozzip Girl gave a superb performance from off the pace to win the $700,000 American Oaks (gr. IT) at Hollywood Park July 5.
If this is to be its final renewal, the $700,000 American Oaks (gr. IT) at Hollywood Park is going out in style after drawing 16 entrants for the 1 1/4-mile turf event. The truly intriguing field of 3-year-old fillies includes three international aspirants and four challengers from the East Coast.
The 3-year-old filly turf division in Southern California has been difficult to sort out all year, and it remains a puzzle heading into the $150,000 Honeymoon Handicap (gr. IIT) at Hollywood Park May 31. Six of the nine 3-year-old fillies entered also ran the Senorita Stakes (gr. IIIT) held earlier this month, although the winner, Mrs Kipling, isn't among them.
Acting Lady, Mrs Kipling, Pasar Silbano and Burg Berg, the first four finishers in that order in the Providencia Stakes (gr. IIT) at one mile on the Santa Anita turf April 4, meet again in the $100,000 Senorita Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Hollywood Park May 3.
Most Popular Stories
- Tonalist Takes on Private Zone in Cigar Mile
- Airoforce Tries Dirt in Kentucky Jockey Club
- Commissioner Heads Hawthorne Gold Cup
- Mohaymen Seeks Nashua, Remsen Double
- Woodbine to Offer 133 Racing Dates in 2016
- Lewis Bay Set for Stakes Debut in Demoiselle
- Runhappy Strong in Five Furlong Move
- Frivolous Likely for Falls City, Not Clark
- Ride On Curlin Returns in Thanksgiving 'Cap
- Move Stirs Speculation on Belmont VLT Casino