Unbridled Command, making his first appearance outside of New York, stepped into grade I company with an impressive victory in the $250,000 Hollywood Derby, the final race of the 2012 Turf Festival Nov. 25.
Odds-on choice Greater Good trailed the field much of the way but rallied while wide in the stretch to tag pacesetter Munificence in the final strides and win the $100,000 Southwest Stakes for 3-year-olds under showers at Oaklawn Park Saturday.
While the battle raged in the middle of the track Greater Good, ridden by John McKee, slipped through along the inside with a furlong to go and went on to an impressive 1 3/4-length win in the $223,200 Kentucky Jockey Club (gr. II) for 2-year-olds on closing day at Churchill Downs Saturday.
Lewis G. Lakin's homebred Greater Good, running last into the final turn, closed fast to win the $100,000 Kentucky Cup Juvenile (gr. III) in his stakes debut Saturday at Turfway Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Favored in Pacific Classic
- Travers Favorite Bayern Arrives at Saratoga
- King's Bishop: Coup de Grace vs. Wildcat Red
- Heated Rivalry Rekindled in Del Mar Handicap
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Shared Belief Looking to Retain His Throne
- Better Lucky Sticks With Dirt for Ballerina
- Australia Easy Juddmonte International Winner
- Ready to Act, Daring Kathy Vie at Woodbine
- FDA Sends Warning Letter to Compounding Firm