The move of major bookmakers to offshore locations helped contribute to decreased wagering yield as British racing contracted 1.2% compared with four years ago, according to a recent British Horseracing Authority report.
Plans have been finalized for Thoroughbred Charities of America to affiliate with the Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association. TCA will be considered a supporting organization of TOBA with executive offices located in Lexington, Ky., and Middletown, Del.
Housebuster, the last two-time Eclipse Award-winning sprinter, died May 15 after he was taken to a veterinary clinic. The 18-year-old son of Mt. Livermore is represented as a stallion by 32 career stakes winners.
Most Popular Stories
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- Bramlage: Decreased Use of Depo-Medrol a Plus
- A New Brand of Hero
- Fewer Fatalities Tied to Risk-Factor Changes
- AAEP Panel Calls for Additional EIPH Research
- F-T Horses of Racing Age Sale Catalog Online