The move of major bookmakers to offshore locations helped contribute to decreased wagering yield as British racing contracted 1.2% compared with four years ago, according to a recent British Horseracing Authority report.
Plans have been finalized for Thoroughbred Charities of America to affiliate with the Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association. TCA will be considered a supporting organization of TOBA with executive offices located in Lexington, Ky., and Middletown, Del.
Housebuster, the last two-time Eclipse Award-winning sprinter, died May 15 after he was taken to a veterinary clinic. The 18-year-old son of Mt. Livermore is represented as a stallion by 32 career stakes winners.
Most Popular Stories
- First Reported Foal for Rattlesnake Bridge
- First Reported Foal for Point of Entry
- Through the Lens: Wise Dan Photo Gets Award
- Australian Vets Support New Racing Rule on Cobalt
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- 'Chrome' Tops U.S. Nominees for World Cup
- Jockey Chapa Faces Felony Race-Fixing Charges
- Subjective vs. Objective Lameness Identification Methods
- New Leadership Coming for Illinois Board
- Flashy Performances at OBS Day of Champions