The move of major bookmakers to offshore locations helped contribute to decreased wagering yield as British racing contracted 1.2% compared with four years ago, according to a recent British Horseracing Authority report.
Plans have been finalized for Thoroughbred Charities of America to affiliate with the Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association. TCA will be considered a supporting organization of TOBA with executive offices located in Lexington, Ky., and Middletown, Del.
Housebuster, the last two-time Eclipse Award-winning sprinter, died May 15 after he was taken to a veterinary clinic. The 18-year-old son of Mt. Livermore is represented as a stallion by 32 career stakes winners.
Most Popular Stories
- Oaklawn Park Cancels Feb. 28 Racing
- Suffolk Downs, Horsemen Have Deal for Meets
- TJC Acquires Majority Interest in Blood-Horse
- American Pharoah Shows Readiness for Rebel
- Trainer A. C. Avila Suspended, Fined by CHRB
- California Chrome Working Steadily for Dubai
- Caesars' Moves Impact Turfway, ThistleDown
- Nerud 3-Year-Old Wins Again at Big A
- Ben's Cat Maryland-Bred HOY for Fourth Year
- NJ Track Calls for End to Simulcast Impasse