The move of major bookmakers to offshore locations helped contribute to decreased wagering yield as British racing contracted 1.2% compared with four years ago, according to a recent British Horseracing Authority report.
Plans have been finalized for Thoroughbred Charities of America to affiliate with the Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association. TCA will be considered a supporting organization of TOBA with executive offices located in Lexington, Ky., and Middletown, Del.
Housebuster, the last two-time Eclipse Award-winning sprinter, died May 15 after he was taken to a veterinary clinic. The 18-year-old son of Mt. Livermore is represented as a stallion by 32 career stakes winners.
Most Popular Stories
- Pensioned Top Maryland Sire Not For Love Dies
- Stay Thirsty's First Winner Comes in England
- Ride On Curlin to Florida's Pleasant Acres
- Second Saratoga Group Sounds Off on NYRA Plan
- Santa Anita Pick 6 Pays Over $1.47 Million
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Purses Enhanced for 2016 Ellis Park Meet
- Stahlbaum Wins Avelino Gomez Award
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York