Lethal Grande has been named the 2007 Oregon Horse of the Year by the Oregon Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association.
Lethal Grande, a multiple champion in Oregon, was euthanized Nov. 5 after fracturing both sesamoids in his left front leg.
Ex Mountain Cop, the 2-year-old sensation of Oregon racing, was named the Oregon Horse of the Year and Top 2-Year-old Colt/Gelding by the Oregon Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association.
Argentine-bred Derby Rider went from last to first to win Sunday's $27,400 Portland Meadows Mile, the signature event of the Delta Park oval.
Defending champion Charlie's Pride is part of a field of nine that will assemble Sunday afternoon for the Portland Meadows Mile Handicap, the signature event of the Delta Park, Ore., racetrack.
For the second consecutive year Lethal Grande was named Oregon horse of the year and champion older male at the Oregon Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association's annual awards banquet March 5 at Portland Meadows.
Lethal Grande, last year's Oregon Horse of the Year, was in control all the way as he captured the $40,000 Maker's Mark Portland Meadows Mile Handicap, the track's top event.
Lethal Grande was named 2003 Oregon Horse of the year and champion older male at the Feb. 21 Oregon Thoroughbred Breeders' Association's Annual Awards Banquet on at Portland Meadows.
Most Popular Stories
- Cigar Mile Stakes Card Fields Taking Shape
- Ben's Cat Faces Tough Task in Fabulous Strike
- Wild Again Still Impacting the Breeders' Cup
- New Jersey to Press On for Sports Betting
- Indiana Reports Multiple Medication Sanctions
- Suffolk Eyes Simulcast License for Next Year
- Moore, Ortiz Line Up for HK Jockey Battle
- Monmouth, Atlantic City Granted 2015 Dates
- Broadcaster Edwards to Emcee Eclipse Awards
- Goffs Registers Record-Breaking Foal Sale