Champion 2-year-old filly Sweet Catomine looms as the likely favorite in this week's third and final pool of Churchill Downs' 2005 Kentucky Oaks Future Wager, but fans will have to decide during the April 7-10 pool whether the daughter of Storm Cat will ultimately challenge her fellow fillies in the May 6 Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) or take on males in the May 7 Kentucky Derby (gr.I ).
Champion filly Sweet Catomine emerged as a solid favorite in Pool 2 of Churchill Downs' 2005 Kentucky Oaks Future Wager, but there was also strong support for the rapidly improving Summerly as wagering in the four-day pool concluded on Sunday evening.
The undefeated Maddalena was odds-on to win Saturday's $150,000 Stonerside Forward Gal (gr. II) for 3-year-old fillies, but it was Letgomyecho who stretched her perfect record to three in a row in her stakes debut for trainer George Arnold.
Undefeated Maddalena, a 7 1/4-length winner for trainer Todd Pletcher in her stakes debut a month ago, stands out in a field of seven entered for the Stonerside Forward Gal Stakes (gr. II) for 3-year-old fillies at Gulfstream Park Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Miss Mossman Surprises in New Zealand Oaks
- Champs Beholder, She's a Tiger Post Workouts