Champion 2-year-old filly Sweet Catomine looms as the likely favorite in this week's third and final pool of Churchill Downs' 2005 Kentucky Oaks Future Wager, but fans will have to decide during the April 7-10 pool whether the daughter of Storm Cat will ultimately challenge her fellow fillies in the May 6 Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) or take on males in the May 7 Kentucky Derby (gr.I ).
Champion filly Sweet Catomine emerged as a solid favorite in Pool 2 of Churchill Downs' 2005 Kentucky Oaks Future Wager, but there was also strong support for the rapidly improving Summerly as wagering in the four-day pool concluded on Sunday evening.
The undefeated Maddalena was odds-on to win Saturday's $150,000 Stonerside Forward Gal (gr. II) for 3-year-old fillies, but it was Letgomyecho who stretched her perfect record to three in a row in her stakes debut for trainer George Arnold.
Undefeated Maddalena, a 7 1/4-length winner for trainer Todd Pletcher in her stakes debut a month ago, stands out in a field of seven entered for the Stonerside Forward Gal Stakes (gr. II) for 3-year-old fillies at Gulfstream Park Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Mubtaahij the X Factor in Kentucky Derby
- Shared Belief Diagnosed With Hip Fracture
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for April 21, 2015
- Motion to Send out Kitten's Point in Bewitch
- Mubtaahij Works Three Furlongs at Arlington
- Derby: War Story, Mr. Z to Breeze Wednesday
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- McKathans Saw Early Brilliance of 'Pharoah'
- Kentucky Oaks Notes, April 21
- WV Analysis: Purses Can't Support Race Dates