Undefeated Peppers Pride, the record-breaking New Mexico mare who goes for her 18th straight win in the $170,000 New Mexico Cup Fillies & Mares Championship at Zia Park Nov. 9, is expected to race once more this year, according to her trainer.
Peppers Pride's attempt to break the modern mark for consecutive wins by a North American Thoroughbred has been on hold for more than a month, yet her shot at glory may once again be at the mercy of the weather.
Undefeated Peppers Pride will be heavily favored when she goes for the modern-day North American Thoroughbred record of 17 consecutive victories in the $55,000 Lincoln Handicap at New Mexico's Ruidoso Downs on July 27. Threatened thunderstorms, though, could keep her in the barn.
Undefeated Peppers Pride equaled Thoroughbred racing's record of 16 consecutive victories when she came from off the pace to win the $75,000 Russell & Helen Foutz Distaff Handicap for New Mexico-breds at SunRay Park and Casino in Farmington, N.M., April 26.
Undefeated Peppers Pride will go for her record-tying 16th consecutive victory when she takes on eight fellow New Mexico-bred fillies and mares April 26 in the $75,000 Russell & Helen Foutz Distaff Handicap at SunRay Park and Casino in Farmington, NM.
Unbeaten Peppers Pride moved to within one victory of tying the modern-day record for most consecutive wins when she captured the $100,000 Sydney Valentini Handicap at Sunland Park Racetrack and Casino March 23 for her 15th straight.
The unbeaten Peppers Pride, the queen of New Mexico racing, goes for her 15th straight win in the $100,000 Sydney Valentini Handicap at Sunland Park Racetrack and Casino March 23.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish Surf Runs Away in Cougar II Marathon
- Dance With Fate's Exercise Rider Has Surgery
- Whitney Card's Grade I Races Taking Shape
- V. E. Day Gives Lezcano Win 2,000 in Curlin
- LoPresti Unfazed by Slow Move from Wise Dan
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- Lochte Looks to Regain Form in Oceanport
- Ami's Holiday Leads Prince of Wales Lineup
- Little Alexis Set for Test After Bullet Move
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys