When the legendary English jockey Lester Piggott walked into a paddock, or anywhere, you knew 'somebody' had arrived. read blog
Best-selling British thriller writer and steeplechase jockey great Dick Francis died in his home in the Cayman Islands Feb. 14, the Associated Press reported. He was 89.
Lester Piggott, Britain's 11-time champion jockey, is recovering in intensive care at a Swiss hospital after the recurrence of a heart problem that initially appeared last December.
Romantic Liason provided Pat Eddery with win number 4,493, the Queen Mary Stakes (Eng-III) win at Royal Ascot Wednesday equaling Lester Piggott's number of victories. Only Richard Gordon, with 4,870, has more among English riders.
Most Popular Stories
- Taghrooda Flies to King George Triumph
- Trainer, Jock Team for South African Double
- Keeneland's Historical Racing Plans Delayed
- Dance With Fate's Exercise Rider Has Surgery
- Irish Surf Runs Away in Cougar II Marathon
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- Whitney Card's Grade I Races Taking Shape
- LoPresti Unfazed by Slow Move from Wise Dan
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- V. E. Day Gives Lezcano Win 2,000 in Curlin