When the legendary English jockey Lester Piggott walked into a paddock, or anywhere, you knew 'somebody' had arrived. read blog
Best-selling British thriller writer and steeplechase jockey great Dick Francis died in his home in the Cayman Islands Feb. 14, the Associated Press reported. He was 89.
Lester Piggott, Britain's 11-time champion jockey, is recovering in intensive care at a Swiss hospital after the recurrence of a heart problem that initially appeared last December.
Romantic Liason provided Pat Eddery with win number 4,493, the Queen Mary Stakes (Eng-III) win at Royal Ascot Wednesday equaling Lester Piggott's number of victories. Only Richard Gordon, with 4,870, has more among English riders.
Most Popular Stories
- Five-Year Suspension, $25,000 Fine for Chapa
- Lopez Lets El Kabeir Be 'The Boss'
- HOF Trainer Jerkens in Intensive Care in FL
- Crimson Giant Chasing Unlikely Big 'Cap Glory
- Breeders' Cup Tickets Go On Sale March 4
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 3, 2015
- Horses to Watch at F-T Florida Sale
- American Pharoah Tops 162 Blue Grass Nominees
- Consignors Upbeat Ahead of F-T Florida Sale
- Water Bucket Heater Caused Chanteclaire Fire