When the legendary English jockey Lester Piggott walked into a paddock, or anywhere, you knew 'somebody' had arrived. read blog
Best-selling British thriller writer and steeplechase jockey great Dick Francis died in his home in the Cayman Islands Feb. 14, the Associated Press reported. He was 89.
Lester Piggott, Britain's 11-time champion jockey, is recovering in intensive care at a Swiss hospital after the recurrence of a heart problem that initially appeared last December.
Romantic Liason provided Pat Eddery with win number 4,493, the Queen Mary Stakes (Eng-III) win at Royal Ascot Wednesday equaling Lester Piggott's number of victories. Only Richard Gordon, with 4,870, has more among English riders.
Most Popular Stories
- Leave the Light On Off Derby Trail
- The Legacy of Gone West
- First Reported Foal for Jimmy Creed
- Honor Code, Top Billing Near 4YO Debuts
- Early Claiming Activity Robust at Oaklawn
- Fair Grounds to Host 'Rosie Day' Feb. 21
- Turfway Increases Purses, Adds Race Per Week
- OBS March 2YO Sale Set for March 17-18
- Australia Expects 3.3% Drop in 2015 Foal Crop
- Monmouth Announces 2015 Stakes Schedule