When the legendary English jockey Lester Piggott walked into a paddock, or anywhere, you knew 'somebody' had arrived. read blog
Best-selling British thriller writer and steeplechase jockey great Dick Francis died in his home in the Cayman Islands Feb. 14, the Associated Press reported. He was 89.
Lester Piggott, Britain's 11-time champion jockey, is recovering in intensive care at a Swiss hospital after the recurrence of a heart problem that initially appeared last December.
Romantic Liason provided Pat Eddery with win number 4,493, the Queen Mary Stakes (Eng-III) win at Royal Ascot Wednesday equaling Lester Piggott's number of victories. Only Richard Gordon, with 4,870, has more among English riders.
Most Popular Stories
- Streaming Surges Clear for Starlet Surprise
- Multiple Grade I Winner Flat Out Retired
- Broken Sword Never Looks Back in Bayakoa Win
- Apprentice Jockey Vanessa Fry Wins Her First
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Ed Dunlop - Red Cadeaux
- Exit Stage Left Stays Unbeaten in Gold Rush
- Nevada Kid Rolls in Claiming Crown Jewel
- Hong Kong Runners May Have Trouble This Year
- Hedge Skimmer Valiant Girl Shocks My Charmer
- Mucho Macho Man Returns to Gulfstream Tab