Jockey Leslie Mawing rode the 2,000th winner of his career on the Aug. 9 evening card at Emerald Downs in Washington state.
Jockey Leslie Mawing, who sustained compound fractures of both the tibia and fibula in his left leg in a spill at Golden Gate Fields,had emergency surgery on the leg the evening of April 1 at Highland Hospital in Oakland, Calif.
Jockey Leslie Mawing sustained compound fractures of both the tibia and fibula in his left leg when his mount, Pasta Time, crashed through the inner rail during the stretch run of the seventh race at Golden Gate Fields April 1.
Trainer Frank Lucarelli recorded the 1,000th victory of his career when Premier Diablo rallied from last to win the first race Feb. 8 at Golden Gate Fields in Albany, Calif.
Team Portland Meadows dominated its fellow riders from Golden Gate Fields in winning the first "XpressBet Jockey Challenge" at its home track Jan. 7.
Gallant Son, the dominant 2-year-old at Emerald Downs last season, continues to train well at Golden Gate Fields and trainer Frank Lucarelli has several options for the promising colt.
Jockey Leslie Mawing registered his 1,000th career win when he guided Wata Sunrise ($5.40) to victory in the ninth race Friday at Turf Paradise.
Jockey Tony D'Amico was taken to a Louisville hospital for evaluation after being injured when he was thrown from his mount during the running of Wednesday's 10th race at Churchill Dow
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby and Oaks Daily Updates
- Aurelia's Belle Helps Owner Realize Dream
- Tapit Colt Leads Robust OBS Second Session
- Claiborne Farm to Sponsor Breeders' Futurity
- California Chrome Boasts Strong Foundation
- Afternoon With the Regal Rosalind
- Gulfstream-Calder Deal Could Be in Works
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 4/21/2014
- Forty Niner Son Gold Case Euthanized
- Louisiana Puts More Pressure on Fair Grounds