Balance should be considered a solid favorite among seven entrants in Saturday's 70th running of Santa Anita's $300,000 Santa Margarita Invitational Handicap (gr. I) for fillies and mares at 1 1/8 miles.
John Amerman's Balance, a two-time grade I winner last year, resembled her old self while winning the $200,000 La Canada Stakes (gr. II) for 4-year-old fillies by 4 1/4 lengths over Bai and Bai Sunday at Santa Anita.
Balance, winner of last year's Las Virgenes Stakes (gr. I) and Santa Anita Oaks (gr. I), could be sitting on a big effort in Sunday's $200,000 La Canada (gr. II) at Santa Anita with her second start following a lengthy layoff for trainer David Hofmans.
Multiple grade I stakes winner Balance, sidelined since May while undergoing ankle surgery, returns to action at her favorite racetrack on Saturday in Santa Anita's $250,000 La Brea Stakes (gr. I) at seven furlongs.
Most Popular Stories
- Stephanie's Kitten to be Offered at F-T Sale
- Kentucky Downs Adds 16 Stable Cameras
- TOBA August Member of the Month
- Limitations and Advances in Lameness Assessment
- Big Drama Colt Leads OBS Select Session
- Magic Touch: Human Therapist Helps Racehorses
- Travers Upset: V. E. Day Over Wicked Strong
- Mine That Bird Movie Set for Wider Release
- Shared Belief's Hidden Key to Greatness
- Starspangledbanner Colt Tops DBS Session