Making his graded stakes debut, the fast-improving California sprinter Johnny Eves sped away from the field at the top of the stretch and held sway in the final stages for a one-length win in the $250,000 Malibu Stakes (gr. I) on opening day of the 2007-08 season at Santa Anita Park on Dec. 26.
Live Oak Plantation's Les Grands Trois has been the victor in all but one of his four career starts despite an on-again off-again training regimen due to physical issues. The son of Officer looks for his first graded stakes win in the $200,000 Perryville (gr. III) at Keeneland Oct. 13.
Bill Place and Wollaston Bay, who have traded stakes victories in New York both times they ran against each other, meet again in Saturday's $150,000 Bay Shore (gr. III) for 3-year-olds at Aqueduct.
Bobby Frankel equaled Charlie Whittingham's Santa Anita record of 869 training victories when his 6-5 favorite Les Grands Trois captured Wednesday's featured $50,800 Mister Frisky allowance event.
Most Popular Stories
- Weanling Daughter of Champion Zenyatta Dies
- Bob Neumeier Hospitalized After a Stroke
- No Nay Never to Coolmore After BC Turf Sprint
- Quiet Morning for Breeders' Cup Day 1
- 2013 Cup Generated $64.9M for Los Angeles
- Ageless Getting Chance Over Downhill Course
- Haskin's Saturday Longshot Plays
- BC Hoping Full Fields Carry Handle Numbers
- Longform: Long Live the Queen
- Breeders' Cup Saturday Selections