Officials in Boise, Idaho have entered into an agreement for Idaho Entertainment to operate Les Bois Park racetrack until December 2013.
Les Bois Park in Boise, Idaho, has been approved for a 46-day meet in 2008.
Capitol Racing at Les Bois Park wrapped up its 46-day live racing season Aug. 11 with double-digit increases in on-track attendance and handle.
Idaho Governor James E. Risch will honor Idaho native and three-time Kentucky Derby winning jockey Gary Stevens with a proclamation announcing next week as "Gary Stevens Week" across Idaho.
Capitol Racing Association has signed a five-year agreement to manage and operate all live and simulcast horse racing at Les Bois Park in Boise, Idaho.
Track operator Capitol Racing, which decided to walk away from its harness meet in Sacramento, is moving on – to Idaho and other breeds.
Bucking the current industry trend, Les Bois Park finished up its 2003 live racing season with on-track increases for both attendance and total money wagered.
Lariat Productions, owners and operators of Les Bois Park, has signed a record five-year contract with the Idaho HPBA, which represents all breeds in the State.
Racing is scheduled to resume Wednesday night at Les Bois Park. On Sunday the track's jockeys refused to continue racing after the fourth race due to unsafe track conditions. Three horses were injured that day, one catastrophically.
Les Bois Park shattered its all-time on-track handle by more than 34 percent on opening day May 3.
A northern Idaho Indian casino lost its third racetrack signal Aug. 4 as punishment for paying rebates.
Ginger Welch, one of the leading jockeys at Les Bois Park, died after she was thrown by her horse, which then fell on her, during a race Saturday night. She was 37.
Most Popular Stories
- Pressure Off Sherman After 'Chrome's Dazzler
- Ramseys' Major Marvel Takes Barbados Gold Cup
- Santa Anita Handicap Handle Increases 23%
- Honor Code Gets Tightener for Seasonal Debut
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap
- Florida Derby Card to Receive Purse Incentive
- Hernandez Reaches 1,000th Victory Milestone
- Featured Horse Profile: Palace Malice
- California Chrome Shines Again in San Felipe
- Palace Malice Returns a Winner in GP Handicap