Arch, the sire of 11 grade I winners, died Jan. 20 of an apparent heart attack, according to Bernie Sams, representative of Claiborne Farm near Paris, Ky., where the 21-year-old son of Kris S. stood at stud.
View Arch and several of his progeny who have had careers on the race track. View this feature in the March 23, 2013 issue of The Blood-Horse. view slideshow
View this feature in the March 23, 2013 issue of The Blood-Horse.
Les Arcs was named 2006 Maryland-bred Horse of the Year, champion older male, sprinter, and turf runner, in the annual poll conducted by the Maryland Horse Breeders Association. Clifton Park, Spectacular Malibu, Ah Day, Livermore Valley, Promenade Girl and Good Night Shirt were also winners.
Les Arcs, a Maryland-bred son of Arch, held off a fast-closing Iffraaj to win the Darley July Cup (Eng-I) at Newmarket, England on Friday.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic