Arch, the sire of 11 grade I winners, died Jan. 20 of an apparent heart attack, according to Bernie Sams, representative of Claiborne Farm near Paris, Ky., where the 21-year-old son of Kris S. stood at stud.
View Arch and several of his progeny who have had careers on the race track. View this feature in the March 23, 2013 issue of The Blood-Horse. view slideshow
View this feature in the March 23, 2013 issue of The Blood-Horse.
Les Arcs was named 2006 Maryland-bred Horse of the Year, champion older male, sprinter, and turf runner, in the annual poll conducted by the Maryland Horse Breeders Association. Clifton Park, Spectacular Malibu, Ah Day, Livermore Valley, Promenade Girl and Good Night Shirt were also winners.
Les Arcs, a Maryland-bred son of Arch, held off a fast-closing Iffraaj to win the Darley July Cup (Eng-I) at Newmarket, England on Friday.
Most Popular Stories
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- Highland Reel Leads Every Step in King George
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- After 35 Years, Jockey Joe Steiner Retires
- McCarthy, Trainer of General Quarters, Dies
- Ancient Secret Scores in Lake George
- Songbird Logs First Gallop at Saratoga