Arch, the sire of 11 grade I winners, died Jan. 20 of an apparent heart attack, according to Bernie Sams, representative of Claiborne Farm near Paris, Ky., where the 21-year-old son of Kris S. stood at stud.
View Arch and several of his progeny who have had careers on the race track. View this feature in the March 23, 2013 issue of The Blood-Horse. view slideshow
View this feature in the March 23, 2013 issue of The Blood-Horse.
Les Arcs was named 2006 Maryland-bred Horse of the Year, champion older male, sprinter, and turf runner, in the annual poll conducted by the Maryland Horse Breeders Association. Clifton Park, Spectacular Malibu, Ah Day, Livermore Valley, Promenade Girl and Good Night Shirt were also winners.
Les Arcs, a Maryland-bred son of Arch, held off a fast-closing Iffraaj to win the Darley July Cup (Eng-I) at Newmarket, England on Friday.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Unlocking Winners Kentucky Derby 142 Analysis
- Nancy From Nairobi Wins Royal Heroine
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Team Optimistic, Nyquist 'Full of Energy'
- Beholder to Make 2016 Debut in Adoration
- Repole Returns With Outwork for Uncle Mo
- Big Blue Kitten Heads Woodford Turf Classic
- Lady Aurelia Awaits Queen Mary at Ascot
- Bensons Hope to Let Good Times Roll in Derby