Calls for unity in moving the horseracing industry forward kicked off the National Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association convention Feb. 4 in Clearwater Beach, Fla.
Leroy Gessmann, president of the Iowa Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association, was elected president of the National HBPA Aug. 9 when the board of directors met as part of the organization's summer convention.
Prairie Meadows Racetrack and Casino and the Iowa Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association have selected TVG as the provider for an advance deposit wagering system.
Prairie Meadows Racetrack and Casino and the Iowa Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association have announced they are collaborating on the development of the state's first legal online wagering platform.
Joe Santanna has been elected to another three-year term as president and chairman of the National Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association.
Jockeys at Prairie Meadows and the Iowa Horsemen's Benevolent Protective Association have agreed on a new losing mount fee scale that will take effect when the track opens April 24.
Prairie Meadows has proposed a 96-day Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse racing season for 2004. The plan is to race only four days a week instead of five.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Taris Could Opt for Triple Bend Over Vanity
- Little Nappy is Shackleford's First Winner
- Rockingham to End All Operations Aug. 31
- Catch a Glimpse Probable for Penn Mile
- Governor Malibu Has Strong Work for Belmont
- America's Galileo
- Velasquez to Ride Full-Time at Gulfstream