Eightyfiveinafifty made a winning return in the seven-furlong Bay Shore Stakes (gr. III) and cruised to a 2 1/2-length victory under Ramon Dominguez in the $200,000 event.
If Christophe Soumillon, the rising star of the French jockey colony, had an ambition to win a classic as a teenager, he left it late. Eight hours before he turned 20, Soumillon and Anabaa Blue made off with Chantilly's 12-furlong French Derby (Prix du Jockey-Club, Fr-I).
Charles-Eric Mimouni's Anabaa Blue led from the start under jockey Christophe Soumillon and drew away to a six-length triumph in the Prix Noailles (FR-II) Sunday at Longchamp.
Volvoreta, next-to-last in the 11-horse field through the early going, rallied through the stretch to a 1 1/2-length win in the Prix Vermeille Normandy Barriere (Fr-I) Sunday at Longchamp. Reve D'Oscar finished second, a neck in front of Egyptband.
Most Popular Stories
- Mind Your Biscuits Aims to Give Summers First Win
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Ashleyluvssugar, Texas Ryano Reunite in San Luis Rey
- Hope Floats for Hoppertunity in Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Look Back: Summer Squall Answers Questions in Jim Beam
- Conquest Mo Money Carries Local Hopes in Sunland Derby
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Classic Empire Back to Work in Ocala
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage