Eightyfiveinafifty made a winning return in the seven-furlong Bay Shore Stakes (gr. III) and cruised to a 2 1/2-length victory under Ramon Dominguez in the $200,000 event.
If Christophe Soumillon, the rising star of the French jockey colony, had an ambition to win a classic as a teenager, he left it late. Eight hours before he turned 20, Soumillon and Anabaa Blue made off with Chantilly's 12-furlong French Derby (Prix du Jockey-Club, Fr-I).
Charles-Eric Mimouni's Anabaa Blue led from the start under jockey Christophe Soumillon and drew away to a six-length triumph in the Prix Noailles (FR-II) Sunday at Longchamp.
Volvoreta, next-to-last in the 11-horse field through the early going, rallied through the stretch to a 1 1/2-length win in the Prix Vermeille Normandy Barriere (Fr-I) Sunday at Longchamp. Reve D'Oscar finished second, a neck in front of Egyptband.
Most Popular Stories
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Finger Lakes Launches ADW Site
- American Gaming Association Adds Churchill
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Digging Deeper into Breeders' Cup Lasix Study
- Valenzuela Expects Healthy Santa Anita Meet
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Older Divisions
- Stretch Out No Problem for Unbeaten Samraat