Eightyfiveinafifty made a winning return in the seven-furlong Bay Shore Stakes (gr. III) and cruised to a 2 1/2-length victory under Ramon Dominguez in the $200,000 event.
If Christophe Soumillon, the rising star of the French jockey colony, had an ambition to win a classic as a teenager, he left it late. Eight hours before he turned 20, Soumillon and Anabaa Blue made off with Chantilly's 12-furlong French Derby (Prix du Jockey-Club, Fr-I).
Charles-Eric Mimouni's Anabaa Blue led from the start under jockey Christophe Soumillon and drew away to a six-length triumph in the Prix Noailles (FR-II) Sunday at Longchamp.
Volvoreta, next-to-last in the 11-horse field through the early going, rallied through the stretch to a 1 1/2-length win in the Prix Vermeille Normandy Barriere (Fr-I) Sunday at Longchamp. Reve D'Oscar finished second, a neck in front of Egyptband.
Most Popular Stories
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Louisiana Derby Season Begins
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- Grade 3 Winner Chitu Sires First Foal
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Summer Front's First Foal is a Filly