Eightyfiveinafifty made a winning return in the seven-furlong Bay Shore Stakes (gr. III) and cruised to a 2 1/2-length victory under Ramon Dominguez in the $200,000 event.
If Christophe Soumillon, the rising star of the French jockey colony, had an ambition to win a classic as a teenager, he left it late. Eight hours before he turned 20, Soumillon and Anabaa Blue made off with Chantilly's 12-furlong French Derby (Prix du Jockey-Club, Fr-I).
Charles-Eric Mimouni's Anabaa Blue led from the start under jockey Christophe Soumillon and drew away to a six-length triumph in the Prix Noailles (FR-II) Sunday at Longchamp.
Volvoreta, next-to-last in the 11-horse field through the early going, rallied through the stretch to a 1 1/2-length win in the Prix Vermeille Normandy Barriere (Fr-I) Sunday at Longchamp. Reve D'Oscar finished second, a neck in front of Egyptband.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Tops NTRA Poll
- Dortmund to Track, Other Derby Horses Arrive
- California Chrome Adjusting to Newmarket
- Ranking the Kentucky Derby Workouts
- Baffert May Not Enter Filly in Kentucky Oaks
- Weir, Lipinski on NBC Social Media for Derby
- Upstart Breeder Out of Hospital, CD Bound
- Alto Aims High With Materiality
- Lenny's Place: Kentucky Derby Edition
- NJ Casino Simulcast Bill Signed Into Law