Presvis, the highest-earning British-trained horse of all time, died Oct. 17 from a bout with colic, according to the Racing Post.
Luca Cumani-trained gelding makes 2011 debut Jan. 27 in the Al Rashidiya-Sponsored by Gulf News (UAE-IIT) at Meydan.
Presvis, given a confident ride by Great Britain's champion jockey Ryan Moore, raced to an authoritative win in the HK$14 million Audemars Piguet Queen Elizabeth II Cup (HK-I) on yielding turf at Sha Tin Race Course April 26.
Most Popular Stories
- Stronach Still Seeking New Heights for Racing
- R. A. Hill Stable Buys Into Breaking Lucky
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- Metaboss to Harris Farms in California
- First Foal by Palace Malice Born
- Classic Empire Aims for Season Debut in Holy Bull
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Zito Saddles 2,000th Winner