Presvis, the highest-earning British-trained horse of all time, died Oct. 17 from a bout with colic, according to the Racing Post.
Luca Cumani-trained gelding makes 2011 debut Jan. 27 in the Al Rashidiya-Sponsored by Gulf News (UAE-IIT) at Meydan.
Presvis, given a confident ride by Great Britain's champion jockey Ryan Moore, raced to an authoritative win in the HK$14 million Audemars Piguet Queen Elizabeth II Cup (HK-I) on yielding turf at Sha Tin Race Course April 26.
Most Popular Stories
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Lights of Medina Leads Pletcher Trio in Mother Goose
- Holy Helena Favored for Queen's Plate
- Curlin's Approval Heads Princess Rooney
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Delta Bluesman Aims to Repeat in Smile Sprint
- Fasig-Tipton Horses of Racing Age Sale Offers Diversity