Presvis, the highest-earning British-trained horse of all time, died Oct. 17 from a bout with colic, according to the Racing Post.
Luca Cumani-trained gelding makes 2011 debut Jan. 27 in the Al Rashidiya-Sponsored by Gulf News (UAE-IIT) at Meydan.
Presvis, given a confident ride by Great Britain's champion jockey Ryan Moore, raced to an authoritative win in the HK$14 million Audemars Piguet Queen Elizabeth II Cup (HK-I) on yielding turf at Sha Tin Race Course April 26.
Most Popular Stories
- Dickinson Decides to Return to Training
- Shared Belief Still Healing in Northwest
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- 'Pharoah' Heads Home, Next Race Undecided
- Longform: Long Live the Queen
- Upstart Fine After Haskell; Travers Next
- Injured Jockey Luzzi Cleared to Resume Riding
- Records Fall on Haskell Day at Monmouth Park
- Lea Tunes Up for Whitney in Workout
- Haskin: Bronwen Healy's American Adventure