Charles Wacker III's Irish homebred Oonagh Maccool, one of the leading members of the filly and mare division last winter and spring during an abbreviated campaign for trainer Todd Pletcher, gets back in action Saturday as the horse to beat in the $150,000 Sabin Handicap (gr. III) going one mile.
Malibu Mint, winner of four stakes last year and $666,939, begins her 5-year-old campaign as the 120-pound high weight in Saturday's $100,000 First Lady Handicap (gr. III).
Miss Matched could be the horse to beat in the $100,000 Sabin Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares Saturday at Gulfstream Park in her first start since finishing third in the Indiana Breeders' Cup Oaks (gr. III) at Hoosier Downs on Sept. 30.
Snug Harbour collected her fifth consecutive victory in the $100,000 Office Queen Stakes at Calder Race Course on Saturday afternoon.
Seven 3-year-old fillies, led by co-highweights Sis City and Leona's Knight, will face the starter in Gulfstream's grade II Davona Dale Stakes Saturday, each assigned an impost of 121 pounds.
A group of newly minted 3-year-old fillies, highlighted by a trio of Florida-breds, will take the gate Jan. 1 for the $100,000 Tropical Park Oaks at Calder Race Course, going 1 1/16-miles on the turf.
Trainer Todd Pletcher and jockey John Velazquez swept two grade III turf stakes at Calder Race Course Saturday when the Chilean-bred Host won the Tropical Turf Handicap (gr. IIIT). Two-year-olds Leona's Knight and Better Than Bonds also won stakes during Grand Slam I.
Barbara Vivian and Dominic Vittese's Aclassysassylassy can join Nancy's Glitter as the only filly to sweep the three-race Florida Stallions Stakes series if she can win the $400,000 My Dear Girl Stakes Saturday at Calder Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- Ashleyluvssugar, Texas Ryano Reunite in San Luis Rey
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Hope Floats for Hoppertunity in Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Look Back: Summer Squall Answers Questions in Jim Beam
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Conquest Mo Money Carries Local Hopes in Sunland Derby
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement