Business so far at the Saratoga Race Course meet has been very strong, NYRA officials reported Aug. 12, but they also noted that operating revenue for the year is down compared with 2014.
Anthony Bonomo Jr. pledged "to work to make New York racing the best it can be," saying that he would bring together owners, trainers, and racing executives "for the good of the sport."
All but assured of a berth in the Kentucky Derby (gr. I), undefeated Samraat was on his way back to Florida on the afternoon of March 2, a day after his Gotham Stakes (gr. III) victory at Aqueduct Racetrack.
The Fasig-Tipton November select mixed sale enjoyed a tidal wave-like surge in business. The gross revenue rose 17% from a year ago even though the number of lots sold declined 11.2%. The average price increased 31.8%.
- By Tom Precious
Legal restrictions foil proposal to keep NYRA solvent through the current year. NYRA says state is behind on payments they promised to make.
Trainer Nick Zito said the defection of Win Willy led him to decide to enter My Meadowview Farm's Nowhere to Hide in the May 2 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
The new York Racing Association accepted the resignation of trustee Wayne Barr Jr. at the board's regularly scheduled meeting May 3 at Belmont Park.
The New York Racing Association's board of trustees Wednesday voted for the additions of Leonard Riggio, Dennis Dammerman and NYRA president and CEO Charles E. Hayward to the board.
Most Popular Stories
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Del Mar to Pay Out Consolations for Pick 6
- End of Road for ‘Claiming Rule’ Challenge
- Woolf Award Finalists Announced
- Innovative Wagers Help Racetracks with Handle
- Greatbullsoffire Tops Futurity
- Thoroughbred Makeover Accepting Applications
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Bowman Wins Hong Kong Jockey Championship
- Paulassilverlining Set for Garland of Roses