All but assured of a berth in the Kentucky Derby (gr. I), undefeated Samraat was on his way back to Florida on the afternoon of March 2, a day after his Gotham Stakes (gr. III) victory at Aqueduct Racetrack.
The Fasig-Tipton November select mixed sale enjoyed a tidal wave-like surge in business. The gross revenue rose 17% from a year ago even though the number of lots sold declined 11.2%. The average price increased 31.8%.
- By Tom Precious
Legal restrictions foil proposal to keep NYRA solvent through the current year. NYRA says state is behind on payments they promised to make.
Trainer Nick Zito said the defection of Win Willy led him to decide to enter My Meadowview Farm's Nowhere to Hide in the May 2 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
The new York Racing Association accepted the resignation of trustee Wayne Barr Jr. at the board's regularly scheduled meeting May 3 at Belmont Park.
The New York Racing Association's board of trustees Wednesday voted for the additions of Leonard Riggio, Dennis Dammerman and NYRA president and CEO Charles E. Hayward to the board.
Most Popular Stories
- Carpe Diem, OBS March Co-Topper, Wins Debut
- Saratoga Attendance Spikes; Handle Declines
- New York-Breds Could Continue Strong Year
- Competitive Edge Super Sharp in Hopeful Romp
- The Week in Photos for 9/2/2014
- Churchill Downs Opens 12-Day Meet Sept. 5
- Study: Boots, Wraps Increase Leg Heat during Exercise
- Del Mar Trainers to Hop in Bouncey Ball Race
- Miss Serendipity, Blanc Snatch Yellow Ribbon
- Sharp Sensation Edges Ben's Cat in 'Monster