After investigating the timing of 1973 Triple Crown winner Secretariat's Preakness Stakes, the Maryland Racing Commission voted unanimously to change the official time from 1:54 2/5 to 1:53, a stakes record.
Former jockeys Pat Day, Laffit Pincay Jr., Ron Turcotte, Steve Cauthen, and Jean Cruguet have banded together to offer marketing opportunities for interested individuals or organizations.
Surrounded by images of their deceased colt projected on the walls of the Kentucky Derby Museum, Roy and Gretchen Jackson May 1 announced they have selected equine sculptor Alexa King to create a permanent memorial honoring the 2006 Derby victor.
The anonymous bidder who recently purchased the gold winner's trophy earned by Majestic Prince in the 1969 Kentucky Derby is no stranger to such hardware.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer
- Emerald Downs Purses to Rise 20% in 2015
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Bridlewood Owner Malone Purchases Ballylinch
- Casino Would Negatively Impact Finger Lakes
- Pedigree Analysis: Milwaukee Brew
- Musselman Drops Lawsuit Against Churchill