Richard Bomze, the owner/breeder of two of New York's most beloved racehorses, died March 11 in Hollywood, Fla.
- By Vic Zast
Close races highlight a Friday card viewed by 22,940 fans. read blog
- by Terese Karmel Family members are always doing something special for each other, but perhaps trainer Leo O'Brien's selfless act for his son, Keith, is beyond the call of duty.
Fourstars Allstar, who reached stardom in New York and Ireland, was euthanized last month after breaking his neck.
Saratoga Notebook: Classic Winners Missing, but Not Fans; Volponi Course Charted; Green Fee Out; No Marker for 'Dave
Funny Cide and Empire Maker may not have made it to the Travers Aug. 23, but the fans did. Several records were set at Saratoga Race Course in the process.
Sixteen-year-old apprentice rider Shannon Uske won the tenth race at Calder Race Course Thursday on her first career mount, Lilah, for trainer Allen Jerkens and owner Hobeau Farm.
Fourstardave, who died Tuesday morning at age 17 while jogging on the Belmont training track, will be buried at Saratoga.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Tops NTRA Poll
- Dortmund to Track, Other Derby Horses Arrive
- California Chrome Adjusting to Newmarket
- Ranking the Kentucky Derby Workouts
- Baffert May Not Enter Filly in Kentucky Oaks
- Weir, Lipinski on NBC Social Media for Derby
- Upstart Breeder Out of Hospital, CD Bound
- Alto Aims High With Materiality
- Lenny's Place: Kentucky Derby Edition
- NJ Casino Simulcast Bill Signed Into Law