Richard Bomze, the owner/breeder of two of New York's most beloved racehorses, died March 11 in Hollywood, Fla.
- By Vic Zast
Close races highlight a Friday card viewed by 22,940 fans. read blog
- by Terese Karmel Family members are always doing something special for each other, but perhaps trainer Leo O'Brien's selfless act for his son, Keith, is beyond the call of duty.
Fourstars Allstar, who reached stardom in New York and Ireland, was euthanized last month after breaking his neck.
Saratoga Notebook: Classic Winners Missing, but Not Fans; Volponi Course Charted; Green Fee Out; No Marker for 'Dave
Funny Cide and Empire Maker may not have made it to the Travers Aug. 23, but the fans did. Several records were set at Saratoga Race Course in the process.
Sixteen-year-old apprentice rider Shannon Uske won the tenth race at Calder Race Course Thursday on her first career mount, Lilah, for trainer Allen Jerkens and owner Hobeau Farm.
Fourstardave, who died Tuesday morning at age 17 while jogging on the Belmont training track, will be buried at Saratoga.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Back to Training After Injury
- Pedigree Analysis: Caro
- Fasig-Tipton to Sponsor Two KY Downs Stakes
- Ironicus Has New Challenge in Bernard Baruch
- Renamed First Winner for Everyday Heroes
- Handle Flat, Race Days Down in August
- Five Sires Have Two Challenge Race Winners
- American Pharoah to Continue Racing
- Top Sprinter Secret Circle Retired to Stud
- First Winner Lands for Sire General Quarters