Richard Bomze, the owner/breeder of two of New York's most beloved racehorses, died March 11 in Hollywood, Fla.
- By Vic Zast
Close races highlight a Friday card viewed by 22,940 fans. read blog
- by Terese Karmel Family members are always doing something special for each other, but perhaps trainer Leo O'Brien's selfless act for his son, Keith, is beyond the call of duty.
Fourstars Allstar, who reached stardom in New York and Ireland, was euthanized last month after breaking his neck.
Saratoga Notebook: Classic Winners Missing, but Not Fans; Volponi Course Charted; Green Fee Out; No Marker for 'Dave
Funny Cide and Empire Maker may not have made it to the Travers Aug. 23, but the fans did. Several records were set at Saratoga Race Course in the process.
Sixteen-year-old apprentice rider Shannon Uske won the tenth race at Calder Race Course Thursday on her first career mount, Lilah, for trainer Allen Jerkens and owner Hobeau Farm.
Fourstardave, who died Tuesday morning at age 17 while jogging on the Belmont training track, will be buried at Saratoga.
Most Popular Stories
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Federal Judge Dismisses Dutrow Lawsuit
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Colorado Voters to Decide on Racino Gaming
- CDI Gets 5-Year Contract with Saratoga Casino
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Check Ligament Surgery Helps Racehorses with SDFT Injuries
- Coltimus Prime Rules Prince of Wales
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- Study: EIPH Does Not Shorten Racing Careers