The 5-year-old gelding faces six in the Jan. 26 sprint at Aqueduct.
Funfair made his way into Saturday's $2,025,000 NetJets Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) the old-fashioned way. He earned it.
While most of the horses running Saturday in the eight Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships races went to the track at Belmont Park Thursday for light exercise, some contenders breezed in their final preparations.
Though two big European names, Powerscourt and Motivator, will not be running on Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships day, the contingent of foreign-based horses is quite strong, Nick Clarke, retired head of the International Racing Bureau, said from Belmont Park Sunday morning.
Most Popular Stories
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Tapit Colt Late Withdrawal from F-T Sale
- Malibu Moon Filly Sells for $300,000 at F-T
- Inside the Magical Kingdom of Ballydoyle
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Positive Start to Fasig-Tipton October Sale
- Harzand to Aga Khan’s Gilltown Stud