The American Horse Council's National Issues Forum will focus on the "Welfare of the Horse."
The Unwanted Horse Coalition, which is affiliated with the American Horse Council, is conducting a survey to obtain more information about the magnitude of the problem of unwanted horses.
During the week of Oct. 2, the Unwanted Horse Coalition elected Dr. Tom Lenz to serve as chairman and named Katy Carter as the coalition's coordinator.
By Dr. Tom R. Lenz -- Federal legislation to ban the slaughter of horses in the United States for human consumption has become an emotional issue on which some groups within the equine industry can't see eye to eye. Here are the facts regarding the American Association of Equine Practitioners' position on H.R. 857, the American Horse Slaughter Prevention Act.
Most Popular Stories
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- Prominent Owner Borislow Dies at Age 52
- Tonalist Begins Push For Eclipse Award
- Jerkens Aims for 'Wicked Strong' Saratoga
- NY Tracks Awarded Extended VLT Hours
- War Chant to Remain at Yarradale in Australia
- Haskin: No More 'What Ifs' With Wise Dan
- A Timeline For Synthetic Racing Surfaces
- Adena Springs' Roberts Returns to Training
- NY Legislature Extends 2% Share for Horsemen