The American Horse Council's National Issues Forum will focus on the "Welfare of the Horse."
The Unwanted Horse Coalition, which is affiliated with the American Horse Council, is conducting a survey to obtain more information about the magnitude of the problem of unwanted horses.
During the week of Oct. 2, the Unwanted Horse Coalition elected Dr. Tom Lenz to serve as chairman and named Katy Carter as the coalition's coordinator.
By Dr. Tom R. Lenz -- Federal legislation to ban the slaughter of horses in the United States for human consumption has become an emotional issue on which some groups within the equine industry can't see eye to eye. Here are the facts regarding the American Association of Equine Practitioners' position on H.R. 857, the American Horse Slaughter Prevention Act.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Coltimus Prime Rules Prince of Wales
- Purses, Races Set for WV Classics Card
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- Study: EIPH Does Not Shorten Racing Careers
- Equibase Announces Redesigned Website
- Plenty of Options for Bayern after Haskell
- Ashford's Shanghai Bobby to Shuttle to Brazil
- Kingman, Toronado Set for Sussex Clash