The American Horse Council's National Issues Forum will focus on the "Welfare of the Horse."
The Unwanted Horse Coalition, which is affiliated with the American Horse Council, is conducting a survey to obtain more information about the magnitude of the problem of unwanted horses.
During the week of Oct. 2, the Unwanted Horse Coalition elected Dr. Tom Lenz to serve as chairman and named Katy Carter as the coalition's coordinator.
By Dr. Tom R. Lenz -- Federal legislation to ban the slaughter of horses in the United States for human consumption has become an emotional issue on which some groups within the equine industry can't see eye to eye. Here are the facts regarding the American Association of Equine Practitioners' position on H.R. 857, the American Horse Slaughter Prevention Act.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Reflects on Arrogate's Travers Romp
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Drefong's Win a Boost for Machmer Hall
- Tepin Fires Bullet on Oklahoma Training Track
- Cavorting to Distaff, Mohaymen Gets Time Off
- Monmouth Gets Donation, Alters Shipper Policy
- Arrogate's Romp Enhances Half Sister's Value
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- Stryker Phd Star of Washington Cup Day
- Belvoir Bay Makes the Grade in Torrey Pines