The American Horse Council's National Issues Forum will focus on the "Welfare of the Horse."
The Unwanted Horse Coalition, which is affiliated with the American Horse Council, is conducting a survey to obtain more information about the magnitude of the problem of unwanted horses.
During the week of Oct. 2, the Unwanted Horse Coalition elected Dr. Tom Lenz to serve as chairman and named Katy Carter as the coalition's coordinator.
By Dr. Tom R. Lenz -- Federal legislation to ban the slaughter of horses in the United States for human consumption has become an emotional issue on which some groups within the equine industry can't see eye to eye. Here are the facts regarding the American Association of Equine Practitioners' position on H.R. 857, the American Horse Slaughter Prevention Act.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief a Massive Favorite in Big 'Cap
- Help Wanted: Keeneland Hosting Job Fair
- Coffee Pot Brews a Good One in Carpe Diem
- Friday's Islamorada Could Impact Triple Crown
- Inner-Track Star Storied Lady Set for Cat Cay
- Major Stakes Winners Show Up for Hillsborough
- Weather Forces Racing, Event Cancellations
- Three Derby Preps Highlight Huge Weekend
- Consumer Credit Ranks High in Fla. Oaks
- Divisidero Has Buzz in Redrawn Palm Beach