The American Horse Council's National Issues Forum will focus on the "Welfare of the Horse."
The Unwanted Horse Coalition, which is affiliated with the American Horse Council, is conducting a survey to obtain more information about the magnitude of the problem of unwanted horses.
During the week of Oct. 2, the Unwanted Horse Coalition elected Dr. Tom Lenz to serve as chairman and named Katy Carter as the coalition's coordinator.
By Dr. Tom R. Lenz -- Federal legislation to ban the slaughter of horses in the United States for human consumption has become an emotional issue on which some groups within the equine industry can't see eye to eye. Here are the facts regarding the American Association of Equine Practitioners' position on H.R. 857, the American Horse Slaughter Prevention Act.
Most Popular Stories
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- CHRB Discusses Creating Single California Circuit
- Asmussen Earns $50,000 Preakness Weekend Bonus
- The Greatest Performance No One Has Seen
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Enola Gray, Illuminant Look Strong in Monrovia Field
- Freshman Flashpoint Gets His First Winner
- Maker a Triple Threat in AP Classic