Lenny Hale has been elected chairman, chief executive officer, and president of the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation.
The Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation is now stabilized with a full board of directors.
An early morning fire on Labor Day killed at least 27 horses stabled at three barns located across from Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races in Ranson, W.Va.
The Charles Town Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association has hired racing industry veteran Lenny Hale as its new executive director, the organization announced Oct. 1.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - May 3, 2016
- Adversaries Unite at Trainers' Dinner
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro
- Lani Breezes in Final Derby Preparation
- Amoss Believes Lanerie Best Fit for Mo Tom
- Grudge Match in the Alysheba
- Nyquist's Groom Keeps Top Derby Horse Happy
- Nyquist Strong in First Churchill Gallop
- NBC Sports Group Sets Derby Week Coverage