Lenny Hale has been elected chairman, chief executive officer, and president of the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation.
The Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation is now stabilized with a full board of directors.
An early morning fire on Labor Day killed at least 27 horses stabled at three barns located across from Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races in Ranson, W.Va.
The Charles Town Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association has hired racing industry veteran Lenny Hale as its new executive director, the organization announced Oct. 1.
Most Popular Stories
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Woodward, Hancock to Racing Hall of Fame
- Lexington Horseman Randolph Dies
- Court Order Has Preciado Racing Again at Parx