Odds-on choice Snowdrops charged up four wide at the quarter-pole to grab the lead and went on to a convincing win in the $269,600 Bayou Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIIT) at the Fair Grounds meet on the turf at Louisiana Downs Saturday.
Snowdrops won a pair of graded stakes from eight starts last year, while Beau's Town never made it to the starting gate, yet both are favored in stakes races at the Fair Grounds meet at Harrah's Louisiana Downs Saturday.
An overflow field of 16 older fillies and mares headed by Brazilian import Movie Star and local star Delta Princess has been entered for Saturday's $150,000-added Cardinal Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the turf at Churchill Downs.
Favored River Belle, with an animated Kieren Fallon squeezing every last ounce of effort from her, won the $171,150 Mrs. Revere (gr. IIT) by a nostril over the surging Lenatareese at Churchill Downs Saturday.
Six-time British jockey champion Kieren Fallon will be searching for his first victory at Churchill Downs when he climbs aboard favored River Belle in the $150,000-added Mrs. Revere Stakes (gr. IIT) for 3-year-old fillies on Saturday at Churchill Downs.
Sister Swank charged past Jinny's Gold in the final sixteenth of a mile to win the $116,300 Valley View Stakes (gr. IIIT) Saturday at Keeneland.
Lenatareese, who has overcome wide trips to win both her turf starts, was one of nine 3-year-old fillies entered in Monday's $100,000-added Pebbles Handicap (gr. IIIT), the Columbus Day feature at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- CDI Gets 5-Year Contract with Saratoga Casino
- Federal Judge Dismisses Dutrow Lawsuit
- Colorado Voters to Decide on Racino Gaming
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Check Ligament Surgery Helps Racehorses with SDFT Injuries
- Coltimus Prime Rules Prince of Wales
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- Study: EIPH Does Not Shorten Racing Careers
- Purses, Races Set for WV Classics Card